Question Regarding Automations (Dropshipping Order Process)

Highlighted
7 0 0

Hey all,

I hope everyone is doing well.

Sorry if i am posting this within the wrong area. (Please allocate accordingly)

I'll keep this short and straight to the point. We are close to the launch of orr new store which is set to go live within the next week or two.

Our product process is drop shipping and below is an example of our current process:

Customer places order

|

Order received and P/O Manually raised, sent to supplier with shipping details

|

Supplier ships product direct to customer

Currently we have 4 suppliers that are looking to be part of the above process and the above appears to be a lot easier in writing.

However, our orders estimates are to exceed 100+ a day at this stage and applying the above process manually is alot of admin work.

My question to the community - Is there an app that can automate that process for us? E.G:

Customer places order

|

APP Automatically raises P/O and send's to applicable supplier with shipping details

|

Supplier ships product direct to customer

If the above can be achieved through an integrated/third party app, does it have the ability to separate different products from the single order for each applicable supplier?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

Scott

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
480 36 78

Hi Scott, 

Ren here from the Shopify support team - great question! 

It sounds like you may want to look into setting up custom fulfillment integrations which can be done natively within Shopify's admin.

Essentially, you'll be able to activate 4 different fulfillment services and allocate which products are fulfilled by the appropriate warehouse. Here is the set-up guide. 

The trigger is in the act of fulfilling an order - which can be automated as well - and the fulfillment centre receives an email notifying them of the order. It's important to note that because custom fulfillment services don't sync with your Shopify admin, your order timeline and fulfillment statuses don't update as the fulfillment progresses.

Hopefully that's what you're looking for! Please let me know if there is anything I can clarify or if you have any further questions. 

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes