Question re Alt Tags

Highlighted
8 0 0

Hello, I have a question please, re Alt Tags.

I sell women's handmade handbags www,umpiehandbags.com

Each bag is photographed in 6/7 different positions, front view, side view, zip-top view, base view, close up view & sometimes with a model.

What is the best practise for naming the alt tags for each of these slightly different photos of the same bag?

At the moment I am naming the alt tags as follows... for a product called "Black Patent Handbag"

Black Patent Handbag in fabric & leather, handmade by Umpie Bags (main photo)

Front view of Black Patent Handbag in fabric & leather, handmade by Umpie Bags (2nd)

Side view of Black Patent Handbag in fabric & leather, handmade by Umpie Bags (3rd)

Zip-top view of Black Patent Handbag in fabric & leather, handmade by Umpie Bags (4th)

Base view of Black Patent Handbag in fabric & leather, handmade by Umpie Bags (5th)

Close up view of Black Patent Handbag in fabric & leather, handmade by Umpie Bags (6th)

Women holding a Black Patent Handbag in fabric & leather, handmade by Umpie Bags (7th)

Is this duplication too much?

The second question please, should I be mentioning the "handmade" part in the alt tag - this is important for my brand but does it need to be in the Alt tag?

And should the brand "Umpie Bags" be in the alt tag?

Hope someone can advise.

Thank you Joanna

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
31 6 10

Hello,

I would suggest nixing the ", handmade by Umpie Bags" part
1- ALT tags should be kept short 80-120 chars.
2- ALT should describe an image specifically. 
3- Avoid Keyword Stuffing

If you want to have long descriptions, try using longdesc=""  Tag.

Hope it helps,

Best,

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If my answer is helpful, Please Like and Accept Solution.
Buy me a coffee
0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

Thank you!

0 Likes