Quick Fix Request: Left align notes

17 0 0
Would you be able to either: (A) Align all the order notes to the left (B) Separate the note title and note content into separate columns? It's really a bit of an eyesore to read down the centered list, and it makes it difficult to find specific notes in a long list. Making the note title bold would also help a lot. Also, I can't for the life of me figure out how the notes are ordered. It is definitely not in the order they appear in my form code. Thanks, Balazs
--Balazs--
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2002 0 41

Yea i agree totally. I don’t know why we ever centered those.

Tobias Lütke - Shopify CEO // http://twitter.com/tobi
0 Likes
247 0 0

Because they were “notes” originally, retrofitted with displaying custom input fields of orders.
Makes much more sense to left align them now.

0 Likes
17 0 0

Thanks for left aligning. That helps a lot!

One point remain unanswered, however:

How on earth are the notes ordered?

They definitely don’t show up in the order that the inputs are arranged on the form I am using on the cart page and are instead completely disordered! It’s not sequential or alphabetical, and I have no clue what else it could be.

Thanks,
Balazs

--Balazs--
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2002 0 41

You mean the cart attributes?

Undefined at the moment. This means it depends on the layout of the strings in the server’s memory which is entirely unpredictable.

Tobias Lütke - Shopify CEO // http://twitter.com/tobi
0 Likes
17 0 0

Ugh…that’s a pain. If I’ve got a long list of attribuetes relevant to an order and they appear differently with each order it is going to be really tough to process our orders.

Any chance we could do something like prefix a number as the first character of the id and then parse that id and use that number to order things in the notes list on the orders page?

Otherwise, when having more than two or three notes it becomes really difficult to sort through it all.

--Balazs--
0 Likes