Quickly get to sales history for a product?

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

I often need to check the sales history for particular items when I need to restock... what I usually do is go the product page in the Shopify admin, copy the SKU, then search for the SKU in the orders section, which brings up every order containing that SKU, and I then count those orders to see how many of that product has sold. Is there a quicker way to do this? Is there an app that will allow me to access a product's sales history from the product page in the admin? Or is there a quicker / more streamlined way of doing this that I'm missing? I feel like this process is wasting a lot of my time. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
150 0 14

Hi, Daniel.

This is Martha from the Shopify Guru Team. 

You might find one of these options helps streamline the process you are looking to simplify!

Have you looked into the Reports section of your Admin? Depending on the plan you have, different types of reports can be viewed and/or created (more about that here). My first thought is Reports > Sales > Sales by Product there you can further define the date range and other filters.

Alternatively, you might want to track your inventory in the Admin (doc on how to do this here). This option could work if you are tracking certain products on a regular basis by entering the quantity you have on hand (or a round number that you can refer back to when counting your next round of sales).

I hope this helps point you in the right direction! Any more questions (or more specifics about this issue) feel free to let us know. Also, questions about your shop specifically can be sent to support@shopify.com :)

Best, 
Martha

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
660 0 121

Hi Daniel,

Our app Better Reports enhances the product and variant pages with a link to jump straight to a report showing the sales history for that product / variant.

Here is a quick video showing it in action: https://gifyu.com/images/view-sales-history.gif

It also includes similar links to view pending fulfillments for any product / variant, and compare sales between multiple products and variants.

It even includes a link that shows on the discounts pages to compare the sales per discount codes.

I hope this helps,

Clement

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 1

I can't find this page:

Reports > Sales > Sales by Product 

How do I get to it?

Highlighted
Excursionist
13 0 32

Here's a fairly easy free workaround to get this data in Excel.

1.  On your shopify admin go to Analytics-Reports.

2.  On the Finances reports, select Total Sales

3.  Select the date range you want to pull data from at top right

4.  Export the report to a CSV and open in Excel

5.  Delete all columns except Product, Variant and Net Quantity

6.  Select all cells and sort by Product.

7.  Insert 2 rows after the row where one product changes to a different one.

8.  Highlight the all cells that give the net quantity for that particular product and hit auto-sum.

9.  The number of that product sold during the date range shows in the cell below.

Pretty easy, free, and you don't need to pay for an extra app, or upgrade just that one report.

Highlighted
Excursionist
78 0 5

Hi There,

I am John from Report Pundit, a reporting and analytics app for Shopify.

Report Pundit can get you the sales history of each product or variant. We have a pre-created template which is called "Sales by Product" that can be run for any date range. You can also customize this report to add fields. You can filter, sort and export this report instantly.

A sample snapshot of Sales history.

Sales by Product HistorySales by Product History

The report also can be scheduled to your email ID. We have 24-hour support during the week and our support experts will create any custom report.

Feel free to contact me at support@reportpundit.com

Thanks

Report Pundit - Instant reports and custom dashboards
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 5

Jacob's hack worked and was so easy! Thank you.

Highlighted
1 0 7

I honestly am shocked that this does not exist. I would consider shopify an unfinished product without the ability to see sales by product.

If you don't have excel, I've built a simple website that will take the CSV downloaded with Jacob's method, and then just output all your products with how many you've sold for each one. Try it out here: https://festive-clarke-d9480d.netlify.com/

I don't store any of the data, it's never sent or stored anywhere besides your web browser.

Highlighted
1 0 0

Thank you so very much for this tool - saved me such a lot of time :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
13 0 1

Thanks!  this is very helpful

0 Likes