RESTOCK ALERT

3 0 0

Is there a way to have Shopify to automatically send customers emails when an item is back in stock?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
764 57 184

Hey, @JBolin!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

Notifying your customers when products are back in stock is a fantastic idea, and can really help generate sales. There are actually quite a few apps in the Shopify App Store specifically designed for this! Some popular options I suggest looking into include:

All of these apps are quite similar in functionality and will allow you to add a "Notify me when available" button to your product pages when products are no longer in stock. When customers select this option, they'll be able to enter their email address and/or phone number should they wish to also receive an SMS. Once the product is back in stock and you update your inventory in Shopify, the apps will automatically send emails to your customers. 

These apps also offer in-depth analytics so you can see which products have the highest demand, which customers have been contacted, and which ones have returned to make a purchase. All of these apps are also easy to install, don't require any custom code, and have excellent reviews. I encourage you to explore each one and see which suits your needs the best! 

Offering to notify customers when products are back in stock is also a great way to build your email list for your email marketing efforts. Are you currently doing any email marketing? With email marketing, you can engage with customers by notifying them of any upcoming sales, promotions, and product releases.

If this is something you're still exploring, I suggest checking out our guide, "Learn Email Marketing: Everything from List Building to Advanced Lifecycle Automation". This offers some further suggestions on how you can continue building your email list, the types of email marketing campaigns you can send, and how you can measure your email marketing performance. Since you'll be collecting customer email addresses through your back in stock alerts, email marketing sounds like a great opportunity for you. 

I hope those app suggestions help and I'm curious to know which one you choose! Feel free to respond here and let me know. 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes