Why am I receiving unexpected charges on my Shopify account?

meghanrmcd
Visitor
3 0 1

When I opened my Shopify account, I paid for a year up front for around $300 or whatever the fee is. I now get charged $18 a month and just got charged $202.13 to the credit card I used to originally pay the $300+ fee to open up my shop. My question is, what are these charges and why am I getting them? How do I stop them?

Replies 3 (3)

Oliver
Shopify Staff (Retired)
429 48 106

Hi, @meghanrmcd !

Thanks for reaching out about this. I'd be happy to help clear up any confusion on your invoice. Each invoice is listed in your Shopify admin and provides you with a breakdown of their charges. If you click Settings>Billing from your Shopify admin, you'll be able to view every invoice your shop has received and see a comprehensive breakdown of every line item. Each month, you'll still receive a monthly invoice for outstanding shipping/ app charges etc. The large invoices are probably from meeting your billing threshold of $200. You receive a bill whenever the total of your transaction fees and other outstanding charges exceeds your account's threshold.

Take a look into your invoices and see if there's anything out of the ordinary about what you're being charged for. If there is, let me know and we can investigate that together!

Warm regards!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

meghanrmcd
Visitor
3 0 1
Hi,

Thank you. I wanted to know if you guys could look more into it and let me know exactly what the $200 and the monthly $18 was for. I don’t see it where you told me to look. Thanks.
Oliver
Shopify Staff (Retired)
429 48 106

Hi, @meghanrmcd 

We can definitely take a closer look into this together. I'll be sending an email to the address you have listed with your community account. From there, we'll be able to get you authenticated and I can provide you with an outline of these charges.

Warm regards.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.