Random from a list

2 0 0

Hello, so basically I was wondering if there is anyways to put a series of number and letters (I would set them up by myself):

EX:

2e92y-wddhw-3232

weihdw-342428-dwdw

Then when someone bought a certain article it would display at the screen or email one of these numbers to the user then when someone else would buy the same package this number would be gone from the list .. Is there anyways to do this?

Thanks!

0 Likes

0 Likes

please share a store link 

if any issue 

Please drop me email at - infoperennialsolution@gmail.com so that we can discuss this further.

Thanks & Regards
Perennial Solution

Would like to add new functionality or customize an existing one, please hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: infoperennialsolution@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
81 8 15

Hey, @Zib!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

I'd like to get a bit more detail of what you envision for the numbers and how this would be applied. Would this be similar to assigning serial numbers to each product variant sold? If so, I've got a few solutions below for you to help out.

Solutions used by other merchants

A few different merchants will use unique numbers to track their products or orders in different ways. Tracking serial numbers in bulk product sales is one example of these. In most cases, there are some workarounds to assigning a unique code to a variant that is sold.

Some solutions involve customizing some Product Details using the built-in barcode field. Here's a section of the Product Details page that explains the unique nature of the barcode field:

alt

To make things quicker and easier you're able to create several of these codes in bulk using a CSV to import back into your store. This will be the quickest way to assign unique numbers that are specialized for each product without altering the SKU numbers if you're using those.

We've got a great troubleshooting page as well for CSVs if you've not had a chance to work on them often.

Apps

There are some already built solutions as well for serial tracking. Our Shopify Partners have worked on helping our merchants achieve the goals they need. I think the following two apps might be helpful for what you might be wanting to achieve:

I'll also send the suggestion of serial number tracking to our development team to review for a future update. I can't guarantee that it'll be available right away, but the more requests we have for this feature the likelier it is to be considered for feature updates down the road.

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Please let me know if I've missed the mark in interpreting your question. I'd be happy to help answer a more detailed or clear question if you need it in a reply here.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes