Solved

Re: Gift card code and Promo Code Input

pradeepksahoo
Shopify Partner
13 1 13

Hi @Ash ,

I am unable to make the Gift Card/Discount Coupon Field appear in the check out page. I am using Debut theme.

Can you please advise what could be the missing settings to fix this issue.

TIA

-Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (2)
Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @pradeepksahoo!

Ash here again. Thank you for getting back to me with the screenshot. I can see there is indeed an active discount code on your site. Thank you also for the link to the live site you're working on! I went to the site and added a product to the cart to do a test on my end. Upon entering the checkout, I noticed that the discount field is present, just under the cart contents as expected. Here's a screenshot from my test: 

codefield.png

Are you still not seeing this field when you reach the checkout while testing on your end? If not, please send me a screenshot of how the checkout looks on your end for comparison. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

pradeepksahoo
Shopify Partner
13 1 13

Hi @Ash 

Indeed, the discount code field is visible now.

Thank you!

Pradeep

View solution in original post

Replies 12 (12)

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

Hey, @pradeepksahoo!

Ash here from the Shopify team. 

I understand you're using the Debut theme, and are trying to figure out how to have the discount code/gift card field appear at checkout. I'm happy to help out! Upon reading your question, my first thought is wondering if you have any active discount codes or gift cards currently. If not, then the discount code/gift card field won't appear at checkout. To check this, we'll need to visit two areas of your admin:

• Head over to the Discounts section of the admin, and check if there are any active discount codes. Here's a screenshot to show what an active discount will look like in that section: 

activediscount.png

• Next, head over to the Products> Gift Cards section of the admin. In here you'll be able to see if there are any outstanding gift cards that are yet to be redeemed. 

If there are no active discount codes or gift cards in your shop, then it is expected behaviour for the field to not appear at checkout. We have some great documentation in our Help Center as well which you can check out regarding creating discount codes!

If you do have a discount code or gift card active, and the field is still not present in the checkout, please send me a screenshot to show your current checkout screen by replying to this post, and also provide a link to your site so I can test it out on my end. 

pradeepksahoo
Shopify Partner
13 1 13

Hi @Ash 

Thank you for your reply. Please see below to confirm that there is a discount code active

pradeepksahoo_0-1607049668890.png

The store I am setting up is https://jaivika.myshopify.com or https://www.jaivikanaturals.com 

Thank you once again

Pradeep

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

Hey, @pradeepksahoo!

Ash here again. Thank you for getting back to me with the screenshot. I can see there is indeed an active discount code on your site. Thank you also for the link to the live site you're working on! I went to the site and added a product to the cart to do a test on my end. Upon entering the checkout, I noticed that the discount field is present, just under the cart contents as expected. Here's a screenshot from my test: 

codefield.png

Are you still not seeing this field when you reach the checkout while testing on your end? If not, please send me a screenshot of how the checkout looks on your end for comparison. 

pradeepksahoo
Shopify Partner
13 1 13

Hi @Ash 

Indeed, the discount code field is visible now.

Thank you!

Pradeep

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

That is wonderful to hear! I'm glad to see your checkout behaving as expected. Please don't hesitate to reach back out if you have any further questions or concerns. We're always glad to help! 

Elchi
Tourist
5 0 6

Hello,

The discount code is still not appearing on my site. Please help!

Screenshot attached. Link: https://www.elchichaishop.com/Screenshot 2020-12-18 175039.pngink to site:

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

Hey, @Elchi!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the thread! 

Thank you for posting a link to your shop so I could check it out on my end. I went ahead and visited your site, added a product to cart, and proceeded to checkout: 

elchi.png

As you can see from my screenshot above, the discount/gift card field is present in the checkout. I notice the screenshot you sent is of the cart page, and that explains why you're unable to see the discount/gift card field. That field will only be visible once a customer proceeds to the checkout.

Let me know if you still have trouble seeing this field in the checkout, and if so, please send an additional screenshot to show this. 

Elchi
Tourist
5 0 6

OK this is fine, but what about the promo code? That is not working either. I just tried it again in Bogus test mode and only saw the option for gift card.

pradeepksahoo
Shopify Partner
13 1 13

Hi @Elchi ,

Can you please recheck if you have any active discounts e.g. below

pradeepksahoo_0-1608412276980.png

If there are no active discounts, you will not see option to add discounts in the checkout page. Hope this helps.

Elchi
Tourist
5 0 6
Hi Pradeep,

I rechecked my status for discounts and this one is definitely active. Is
it that we cannot have both the gift card and discount box active?
Johnguy
Visitor
1 0 0

This is the 3rd time my discount code field has disappeared.  This seems to be a recurring problem.  It will disappear for days.  We have 5+ codes active right now from loyalty lion.  Even when I turn an automatic code on the field is missing

https://snapsupply.parts/

discount missing.JPG

When I inspect my code I can see the fields
discount code inspect.JPG

this is what it normally looks like. 

discount code.JPG

SouthernGraphic
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello,

Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 10.48.03 AM.pngI am searching for answers as well. I have tried everything I can think of to make this work but the gift card or discount code will not accept my discount code on my site. I am doing a test cart to make sure my Bold membership customers get the correct pricing AND they can enter the discount code VIP for Free Shipping that I created AND they can also use the store credit they have thru the Rise app. I cant get it to work. Help please 🙂My store is southerngraphicco.com Thanks!