Re: Please help delete a double partner account

JaneJones
4 0 0

Hi, Ash!

I've got two expired trial accounts that I need the same help with. I need to clear the clutter as my actual store is up and running. Please help?

With gratitude,

Jane 

0 Likes
Ash
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
679 68 90

Hey, @JaneJones!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

I'm happy to help out with the situation you're describing. In order to assist, I'll need to get some more information first to determine our best next steps. Could you please reply back to this post and let me know: 

• Are you referring to Partner Accounts, Shopify Accounts, or perhaps a mix? 
  • Where are you seeing the additional stores that you don't need? 
  • Could you please send over a screenshot showing what you're referring to? 

One I receive your reply to the above and check out the screenshot, we should be able to determine the best way to proceed from here. Looking forward to hearing back! 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
JaneJones
4 0 0
Hi, Ash!

Thanks for the reply. I am referring to Shopify Accounts ( I guess). I had
two false starts - trials that expired, before I launched with my paid
account.

Here's the screenshot of my login page with the current, active account
circled:

[image: Screen Shot 2021-02-15 at 10.09.45 AM.png]

Thanks!
Jane
0 Likes
Ash
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
679 68 90

Thank you for getting back to me, @JaneJones!

It doesn't look like the screenshot was successfully uploaded, so do you mind trying again please? I'll also add my own screenshot below, so please let me know if this is the area you're referring to.

Just to confirm, it sounds like you currently have one active account and two expired trial accounts, and want to remove your expired trial accounts from appearing in your list of shops when logging in. Does this screenshot show the page you're referring to? 

Looking forward to hearing back so we can determine the best next steps from here. 

0 Likes
JaneJones
4 0 0

Ash,

Thank you!  Here's the screenshot in JPG format.  It is the same screen you referenced in your screenshot. The problem is I am trying to change the main email on the account, and it won't let me because I get an error that that email (the desired email) is attached to the other stores.  Arrgh!  

Thanks for any help you can offer in getting rid of the two previous trial shops.

With gratitude,

Jane

1.jpeg

0 Likes
Ash
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
679 68 90

Hey, @JaneJones!

Thank you for re-sending that screenshot and confirming where you're seeing the expired trial accounts listed. I'll post some steps with screenshots below showing how you can remove those expired trial accounts from your Shopify ID, which will remove them from that list.

1. First step is to log into your main account as the Account Owner.
  2. Once logged in, click on your name at the top right of the page, and then click "Manage account". manage account.png

3. This will take you to your Accounts page, and you'll want to scroll down to find the section called "Stores, programs, and resources". This section will have all of the shops associated with your Shopify ID listed. Shopify ID.png

4. Click on the "..." next to one of the stores you want to remove, and select the option to "Exclude from Shopify ID" remove from ID.png

5. You'll need to enter a new email address to use for the shop you want to exclude, and then a confirmation email will be sent to that email address. Once the change is confirmed through that email, the account in question will be removed from your Shopify ID and moved to a new one.
  6. Repeat steps 4 & 5 for the other account in question.

Once you've completed the above steps, the expired trial accounts you no longer need should be removed from your Shopify ID, which will remove them from the list of shops you see when logging in. Please reply back here to let me know if you have any trouble preforming those steps, or to confirm that these steps help reach your end goal. Best regards! 

0 Likes
JaneJones
4 0 0
Ash,

That did not work. The other trial stores did not show up on my active
store account as you instructed.
Here's an example of what I get:
[image: 1 (1).jpeg]

0 Likes
Ash
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
679 68 90

Hey, @JaneJones!

Thank you for getting back to me. I'm unable to see the screenshot you posted for some reason, but if the trial stores aren't appearing in the section my previous post led you to, it sounds like our team is going to need to investigate further to see what's going on. In order for our team to look into this closer, we'll need to authenticate you on the account(s) in question, which can only be done via our phone, chat or email support. 

Please head over to our Help Center and follow through the prompts on that page. You'll then be brought to a page with our current available support options where you can open a ticket with our team. Let them know that you've tried the above instructions to find and remove the unneeded shops from your Shopify ID to no avail, and that should provide sufficient context for our team to determine the best next steps.

I hope to see this resolved shortly for you. 

0 Likes