Re: Why, when editing an order, is it not possible to add a discount?

Mysterybishop51
1 0 0

I am having the complete opposite issue where I have no automatic discounts actively available and when I go to edit an order it says the item is discounted... 

A customer would like to add things to their active order but it simply wont let me take the discount off and I have no idea where its coming from. When the order was placed, I didn't have an active automatic discount then either. 

0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1107 74 180

Hey, @Mysterybishop51.

Tira here to help.

I moved your post over to this thread to make it easier for you to receive a reply to your question.

This is interesting. If the discount is an automatic discount, then a discount code would be applied to the order automatically after the customer has added all eligible items to their cart. This is noted in our help docs here: automatic discounts.

Did you have any discount codes on your store prior to this order? When was this order placed on your store? I would love to know so I can dig deeper into this for you.

Automatic Discounts can’t be added, removed or adjusted when editing orders, so what I would recommend is to cancel the order, and then create a draft order with the new items the customer wants for their order. When you cancel an order, you’ll be stopping an order that is in process. I think this would suit what you need as you need to remove a discount and add items to an order.

Chat soon,

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes