Re: Your Help contact links go to an error screen except to the Forum

This error is still happening (Feb 2021) ... it can't just be fobbed off to "use another browser". Until today, I hadn't needed to contact support direct for ages but this morning my emails from my own shop are not being sent. Even the test notifications email isn't been sent. 

Shopify isn't blacklisted on my email account provider, and I can't find any other error other than whatever was update overnight has broken something else. Please Fix ASAP. Thank you.

ps, I would contact support direct if I was able to...

Be yourself. The world will adjust!
0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
726 39 225

Hi, @stampcrafter

This is Rae from Shopify. 

Thanks for reaching out about the troubles you're running into. I understand the urgency with getting this resolved, and I'm glad to lend a hand. 

As a starting point, I wanted to mention that I moved your post into a new topic here on the Community. Your message contains a unique problem to the thread you originally posted in, so I wanted to move it to its own location so that it's easier to find for others who may also be encountering issues with emails. 

I understand you had some troubles contacting our Support team via our Help Center. With this in mind, are you seeing any errors when you try to contact us via this link? If so, please try clearing your browser cache before visiting that page again. Additionally, I know you mentioned using another browser, but I wanted to clarify if you had a chance to try this out on your end? If not, it's important to ensure you're using one of our supported browsers when you test this out. This troubleshooting has helped resolve similar issues for others in the past, so I definitely recommend giving these steps a try. 

In terms of the troubles you're having with the emails on your site, I'd really like to help look into this further. In order to do this, can you please clarify the below details: 

• Is it these notification emails that aren't sending to customers?
  • When the emails don't send, are you receiving an error message, or a bounce back?
  • Are you still receiving emails about your store? For instance, are you getting new order notifications
  • You mentioned an update overnight. Have you manually updated any part of your store, or your device recently?

Once I have these details, I'll be happy to continue investigating this situation further. 

Thanks, 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

Hi Rae,

Thanks for sorting out my discussion and putting it where it is meant to go. I must take note of where you've put this discussion - there are so many subjects to choose from.

Not sure what's going on with the help and contact us link in the Shopify help section - they work now. Either a coincidence or possibly a glitch has been fixed since I last tried - I'm not fussed about how, what or why, just glad they work again.

As for my own shop, everything is working again - thanks to the Shopify guru person who helped me via the instant chat and my domain host Crazy Domains. Between them, they fixed what went wrong. Last week's update must have just kickstarted an immediate request for the SSL on a third party domain to be totally sorted out (not just put in the "do later" pile as its been for over a year - yet working fine until last week). I don't understand alot of the SSL things, only that they help show that and keep websites genuine and secure.

The notifications must have been directly related to that - because one of my emails wouldn't verify because the SSL certificate wouldn't verify because the numbers submitted initially had 2 wrong digits. its like a long loop of errors from one tiny piece of code that didn't get updated when I renewed the SSL certificate as I thought it would sort itself out (its just a renewal after all).

Re updates on the back bones of the Shopify admin ... No, I don't manually update the admin site (I cannot do this, I can only update my shop which I do often). Usually updates don't upset things too much but clearly it pushed the SSL needs to the forefront of needing to be sorted. I always notice when Shopify IT team update the admin cos links and labels move, or just the colouring of backgrounds change. All worthwhile I'm sure. They say change is as good as a holiday, and we all love those

Thank you for noticing my comment and for your help, advice and time. Stay safe and have a happy productive creative day!

0 Likes

Hi Rae,

One thing I've noticed though, is my third party domain (its just my website without the "www" still with https) says the SSL still isn't connected - but I was told yesterday it could take up to 48 to 72 hours to be sorted... so I guess I need to just wait cos at least my notifications are working again.

Thanks again!

Jenny

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
726 39 225

Hi, @stampcrafter

Thanks so much for getting back to me with these details. 

I'm glad you're able to access our Help Center again! It's also great to hear that our Support team and your domain host resolved the issues you were having with your domain.

It sounds like your emails and notifications are working correctly now, but if you happen to notice any other issues, feel free to reach back out for more help. 

In terms of the SSL certificate, you're correct that it's normal for this to take up to 48 hours to be fully connected to your domain. This help document explains more about this process, and also offers a great explanation of what SSL certificates are and how they work. If it's been more than 48 hours since the records on your domain were edited, and your SSL certificate is still pending, please let me know. 

I hope to hear back from you soon! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog