Solved

Re-open inactive store to pause and build

wbyw
Excursionist
39 1 13

hello,

Shopify is asking me to choose basic plan to reopen my store as it has been inactive for 3 months +. I want to reopen it for Pause and Build rather than selling soooo if I take the basic plan option and immediately switch to pause and build i'm guessing it'll still take the $29?

Is there any way I can get around this?

Many Thanks

Accepted Solution (1)

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

This is an accepted solution.

Hello, @wbyw

First of all, welcome back to Shopify! That’s great to hear that you’re wanting to reactivate your store. How far along were you with your store set up

In order to re-open it and move onto the Pause & Build Plan, you will have to start by choosing one of the regular subscription options. You’ll initially be charged for the plan you choose upon re-opening your store, but a subscription credit for the difference between the plans will be applied to your account upon switching to the Pause & Build plan. 

For example, if you choose the Basic Plan for $29/month, and then follow these steps to immediately switch to Pause & Build for $9/month, then $20 will be issued as a credit on your account. 

Future subscription invoice charges will then be drawn from that credit until they are gone. Therefore, you won’t have another subscription charge applied to your credit card until your December invoice. Does that make sense?

Let me know if you need any further clarification on this (or anything else). I’m happy to help.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

This is an accepted solution.

Hello, @wbyw

First of all, welcome back to Shopify! That’s great to hear that you’re wanting to reactivate your store. How far along were you with your store set up

In order to re-open it and move onto the Pause & Build Plan, you will have to start by choosing one of the regular subscription options. You’ll initially be charged for the plan you choose upon re-opening your store, but a subscription credit for the difference between the plans will be applied to your account upon switching to the Pause & Build plan. 

For example, if you choose the Basic Plan for $29/month, and then follow these steps to immediately switch to Pause & Build for $9/month, then $20 will be issued as a credit on your account. 

Future subscription invoice charges will then be drawn from that credit until they are gone. Therefore, you won’t have another subscription charge applied to your credit card until your December invoice. Does that make sense?

Let me know if you need any further clarification on this (or anything else). I’m happy to help.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

QueenGlow1
Visitor
2 0 0

I need my store Reopened it’s inactive 

QueenGlow1
Visitor
2 0 0

Why is it saying I’m a new start plan?