Reaching Checkout but not getting converted

Solved
Needfulcart
4 0 0
Hi everyone,
I am new to dropshipping. Pls help me!
I am getting lots of traffic. I got 40 add to cart and 19 reached to checkout but didn't get any sales.
I cross checked with paypal if there is any problem but they are saying No problem is there.
I am based in India but running store for USA hence i can't test the checkout as well because paypal doesn't accept local currency and international both.
I request you all to kindly review my website and suggest me what is the problem and how to deal with. I am loosing lots of money.
Store url: www.needfulcart.com
Thanks in Advance.
0 Likes
Bo
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1693 180 496

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @Needfulcart 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Very well done on launching your store. I am loving your sparkle/glitter theme. It ties in really well together for the most part! When trying to checkout on your store using PayPal I was able to get all the way to the payment point so there does not seem to be an issue for me. I am based in Europe so I cannot be certain if that would be the same case for any of your more local customers. This poses the question - have you defined your target audience, and if so, who are they? I would highly recommend checking out our video on finding your target market and defining it here. This should help you better your targeted ads so that the customers you are getting to your store will be more likely to buy something. We also have this step by step guide to successfully run ads on Facebook. 

The first thing that I looked at here were your product titles descriptions. A lot of merchants adjust the description slightly from Oberlo and then post it to their page, I can't be certain but it does look like this was the case with your store. The issue with this is that the titles from Oberlo are often very long-winded and actually rather incoherent. The reason for this is that they are trying to cram as many keywords into their titles so their products are easy to find, however, for a customer-facing store this does not look good. It doesn't look very professional and those who are familiar with Oberlo/AliExpress will recognize the format. So while you have done a great job in curating the products, you do need to do some more work to market them better on your site. With online stores, there are no sales representatives and so the products literally need to speak for themselves. Instead of listing your products' specs in your current format you should try writing descriptions that persuade the customer to buy the item. Why do they need this watch? How will it make their life better? I recommend taking a look at Oberlo's guide on writing a product description that sells here. This will also help you improve your SEO which will bring more traffic to your store organically.

I like all the car decor that you do have, what I am struggling to understand is how the sofa covers fit into all of this? You have made your store super niche which is great - but then have this random line of products thrown in there. I would definitely recommend sticking with one or the other - never both. 

One small thing which isn't crucial but will make your site look that bit more professional is adding a favicon that matches your business logo. A favicon is an icon that appears on a tab in a browser, usually a logo. You can add a favicon to your site as per this guide.

I noticed that you have an About Us page, it is, however, very short and does not really tell your customer anything about your business. The About Us is probably the most underutilized marketing tool on Online Stores. What an About Us page should be is a goal-oriented sales page, one that focuses on highlighting the biggest selling points of your story and brand, making a strong impression on curious customers. It is the perfect place to highlight a number of objectives such as:

-  Communicate the story of your business and why you started it.
-  Describe the customers or the cause that your business serves.
-  Explain your business model or how your products are made.
-  Put a face to your business, featuring the founders, or, the people on your team.
-  Incorporate persuasive content (e.g. an explainer video, data visualizations, links to blog posts) that might otherwise clutter your homepage. 

In short, your online store displays your products brilliantly, your "About Us" page should be telling your customer why they should buy from you.

As a consumer I would personally not pay over $30 for a key cover, I would not pay that for most car accessories at that. I would recommend that you check out some other car accessory stores to see how they are pricing similar products and how you compare. Comparing your product prices to the competition's prices is a very good way to help you toe the line, it allows you to offer competitive prices and in the cases of more established stores - learn what people are willing to pay for products similar to what you are selling. 

Making these changes should help with your conversion rate. We also have these great resources on making your first few sales that I would highly recommend you take a look at:

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes