Real-Time Carrier Shipping: Negotiated Rates?

Shopify Partner
28 0 9

Does Shopify's real-time carrier shipping support negotiated (discounted) rates, particularly for UPS?

The real-time shipping option on our store is returning the public rates for UPS, when we should be getting our UPS negotiated rates. We can see our negotiated rates when we use the shipping form on UPS's website. According to the original thread about real-time rate support, Shopify should be returning the same rates as this form.

The only reference I can find about support for negotiated rates is at the above referenced link from 5 years ago, saying that support was hopefully coming in the future (end of the 1st post).

1 Like
Shopify Partner
28 0 9

Also, I was wondering if anyone has experience dealing with negotiated rates, and (if Shopify doesn't support negotiated rates) how you deal with this issue?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
28 0 9

Also, for reference, here is the UPS page on Negotiated Rates.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
28 0 9

Does anyone have any info on this? It appears that this feature was integrated into Shopify Active_Shipping 3 months ago (here), but I can't tell if this project is part of Shopify, or how it is connected.

0 Likes
Tourist
10 0 2

Also interested on how we can set this up - we have a negotiated rate with UPS, their API requires passing a parameter indicating negotiated rates (see `NegotiatedRatesIndicator must be passed in the XML Request.' in timd.mackey's link) in the XML request, but Shopify's shipping setup has no way of indicating that we would like to do that, so all our shipping calculations are currently grossly overcharged.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
4 0 1

We are also very interested in this.

0 Likes
3 0 0

I am interested, as well. Any ideas?

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 5

Me too.   Our negotiated rates are significantly better 

0 Likes