Rearrange collections on the front page

12 0 0

I want to rearrange the collections on my front page. I see where each line of 3 are, but I want to switch a few around from one line to another. Is there a drag and drop method?

kathiemiller.com

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
183 27 49

Hi - yes it's drag and drop. Go to Themes>Customize and click on the page section you want to edit e.g. Collections list. You will see all your collections listed in the order they are displayed. You change the order by grabbing the handle and moving it to the position you want.

Screenshot 2020-01-12 at 14.06.16.jpg

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
0 Likes
12 0 0

This doesn't seem to work. I only have the choice of grid or list drop down or sort alphabetically and a few others choices like oldest to newest, no where can I arrange the collection the way I want. I can move each line, but I only want to switch one category in the line.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
183 27 49

I think we have crossed wires here. Your talking about the settings for the collections themselves, sorry I thought you meant the order the collections appeared on your homepage.

i.e.

I thought you wanted to rearrange the order of these:

Screenshot 2020-01-12 at 17.33.27.png

Could you please clarify what you are trying to do?
0 Likes
12 0 0

Yes, I want to rearrange the order of the collections. I want to move Original Paintings to the bottom and move Small Animals to where Original Paintings was. I don't want to move rearrange collection.jpgthe whole line, just the single collection.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
183 27 49

OK, I think it's just that you are looking in the wrong place in Shopify Admin. You need to go to the Customize theme section, then follow what I said in earlier post.

Here's where you need to go:

Screenshot 2020-01-12 at 17.41.03.jpg

Does that make sense?

0 Likes
12 0 0

I'm aware that I have to do this in the customization, but what you are describing is not what I see. Image 1 is what I get to first when I click Customization. Each collection is in a row. Image 2 is when I click on a row. I can arrange each collection in that row, but cannot move a collection to different row.

rearrange collection 3.jpgrearrange collection 2.jpg

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
183 27 49

I think the problem is that you have created multiple 'Collection Lists'. If you just had one collection list and add all your collections to it, that will let you change the sort order as you want.

0 Likes
12 0 0

OK, I'm starting to understand now. I had someone else set this up for me. So I don't know how to change it. I'll live with the way it is. for now, :) Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
183 27 49

OK, no problem.

0 Likes