Receive payment and give a cut to someone?

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey, I have a question.

If I want to sell designs like posters for example and I ask creators if I can sell their work, is there for me a way to make it so that they receive a percentage of the money that was paid? 

In short is there a way to give a cut of a sale to someone? Or do I need to do it manually afterwards when I have already received the money?

Thank you

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
497 13 115

Hey, Vranklin!

Aria here, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

The easiest way to set things up to pay your creators would be to use a Marketplace app:

Each of these apps has the capability of paying your vendors directly using Paypal. You have control over the percentage the vendor receives and the percentage you receive.

If you want to sell posters or other products, you could use one of the Print on Demand companies in our app store. Printful and Printify are both popular options. If you go this route, make sure you sign up for the free Print on Demand course on Shopify Academy.

Is this the sort of solution you were looking for?

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0

Thank you Aria,

So if I understand correctly, the creators need to have a Shopify account and I need to add them as merchants to my store?

I don't know if that's possible but I will look into that.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
497 13 115

Hey, Vranklin!

The creators wouldn't need their own Shopify accounts, they'd simply need to be set up as vendors on your marketplace using the marketplace app. It would be fairly similar to having an eBay or Amazon account to sell on their marketplace.

Does that make sense?

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes