I just looked in my spam folder where I found an email subject line "(Insert customer name) filed a chargeback"
I feel like this is just a scam but I want to be sure. Here is what leads me to believe this is fraudulent.
1. I have scoured my customer history and I did not find a customer by the name in the subject line
2. The email came to me from an email address domain @uwo.ca. A quick google search of the email domain returns a result of University of Western Ontario or something.
3. The chargeback was for order #1974 but this does not line up with my order # formatting. Even if you abbreviate my order #'s, I don't see how this order number could exist.
3. The chargeback amount is for way more than anything I have sold in one sale. The items I sell are typically 59.99. The chargeback amount is for $473.60.
4. I have been assessed a $50 chargeback fee, but I have checked all my accounts and no one has collected $50 from me yet.
Can anyone confirm that this is, in fact, a scam? Thank you!