Receiving death threats via shopify email FORM delivery system

3 0 0

I have received several emails over the last few months. Some of these are profanity laced, some include threats. The email I just received today told me to KILL MYSELF!

The individual fills out a fake email, fake name, and fake number, but the area code he uses is always 410.
I believe this is a disgruntled competitor?
Maybe they understand I can't BLOCK their emails because that would be mean blocking emails coming from shopify.
I need a way to screen out emails that include threats, profanity, etc.... or eliminate "from shopify" THAT way i can block this idiot and possibly block the types of words he or she is using. Seems likely it may be from a male.
How do i do this?
Thanks,
Kurt

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
203 12 30

Hello, Kurt. 

This is Ren from the Shopify support community. I am really sorry to hear about this circumstance. It sounds like an extremely uncomfortable and frustrating situation.

Some immediate things you could try are to add some additional steps to the contact form to make it a little more tedious in the hopes that you can defer multiple submissions.

Zero Spam Contact Form adds Google reCAPTCHA and Emailable adds in a verification step.

Perhaps you could even consider removing the contact form page and using an App like Tidio to set up Bots that can help answer frequently asked questions.

As for filtering the content, I suggest contacting your email provider and seeing if they can assist in determining and blocking the IP address for you.

Due to the nature of these contact form submissions I would even suggest contacting local authorities to see if there is anything that can be done on their end.

I wish there was more I could do to help and hope that it's not something you need to deal with for much longer.

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
3 0 0
I did not see away to remove the form
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
203 12 30

Hi again! 

Here are general direction on how to remove the contact form.

1. Delete the page from your Shopify admin by navigating to Online Store > Pages. Find the page, select the box and click on "more actions". From here you can delete the page:

14-34-pbkiy-8b6e3

2. Remove the link from your Navigation by clicking on the trash bin icon next to the menu item in question: 14-35-7d33j-43llq

Let me know if you have any troubles with that!

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
3 0 0
Yes that form is gone now so I'll wait and see if that worked!
0 Likes