Receiving payments when you're outside the US

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello everyone, I've started my store a little while ago, as I was doing an intensive project research.

My question is,

I am currently living in Morocco. However, my customers are going to be based in the United States and Canada primarily, so the majority of the sales will be coming from those countries.

Also, I have a United States bank account, a Registered LLC with an EIN, and a physical address in the US and I would like to receive my payments into that bank account. 

Finally, when I tried to activate Shopify I was able to provide my address and EIN and Legal name of the company, but I couldn't fill in the SSN as I don't have one.

So I would like to know, how can I go about this? And are we able to use Shopify Payments or Stripe.

I would really appreciate a detailed answer for my question.
Thank you very much for your time. 
Best regards,
Rabii

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
335 43 52

Hello, @Spring66

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. Welcome to the Community.

Does your store have an operational presence in the USA? For example, a warehouse located there that you are shipping your products out of?

The payment gateway that you can use on your store is determined by where your store is based out of, and not where your customers are located. At this time, Shopify Payments is not available in Morocco. However, if your store has an operational presence in the United States you might be eligible to use Shopify Payments even while you are currently living abroad. In this case, only an EIN is required for a business that is registered as a Corporation or LLC. A SSN is mandatory for businesses under Sole Proprietorship. 

There is a review process that requires specific documentation to determine your eligibility for using Shopify Payments in this type of circumstance. So if you do have a presence in the USA, please contact our live 24/7 support, and a Guru will be more than happy to advise exactly what is needed, and how to submit it for a review.

In the event that you are not eligible to use Shopify Payments, you can use one of these integrated payment gateways for your region. Contact the payment provider directly to set up your account with them. They will also be able to advise if you can use your US bank account to receive your payouts into.

When you are ready to configure the gateway to your Shopify store, please follow the instructions in our Help Doc here to activate it.

I hope this helps. If you have any more questions, please let me know. 

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Team,

Just 2 days back i have opened the shopify store and bought $29 plan too but when i'm integrating the payment option to my store it is asking for company details and its related information. but i don't have registered company . please help me what should i do which payment i can integrate without giving these details .

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
335 43 52

Hi, @fashionsprodigy.

Helen here again. Thank you for your question, and welcome to Shopify!

What country is your store based in? What payment gateway are you wanting to integrate with your store?

When you connect a third party gateway with your Shopify account, it will not ask for your business details on Shopify, since the gateway is external. Therefore, I advise you to contact the payment provider directly when creating your account with them, to determine what information they require to use their gateway. Please see here for a list of all of the available payment gateways for your region.

Hope this helps!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes