Receiving unsolicited text messages, need help!

Yourshopcodeis
1 0 0

Hello, I am receiving constant text messages to my phone saying “your shop code is.” I am not purchasing anything, and I’m not sure why I am getting them. I assume it’s someone has put a number in wrong, or someone trying to scam. Regardless, the “opt out” website Shopify has created, doesn’t seem to work either. It says it’s an invalid number, and I’ve put the number in every way possible. I’ve put it in just like I read in another thread, and that still doesn’t work. 

If this community has mods/members that work for this company,  can you please send me a message to help remedy this, and to figure out what is going on? 

Thanks!

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1025 79 271

Hi, @Yourshopcodeis

This is Rae from the Shopify team. I'm sorry to hear that you're receiving these codes for orders you haven't placed, and I'm happy to help look into this further. 

When this happens, it's typically due to someone entering in their own phone number incorrectly, and accidentally using your phone number instead. However, not to worry, as I can help ensure you've been opted out of this service on our end. 

As a starting point, please visit this link to view our opt out form. Here, you'll need to enter in your phone number including the international code in order for the form to recognize your number. So, for instance, if you're based in the USA, please enter your phone number in this exact format: +1 123-456-7890

Let me know if you're able to opt out this way, or if you're still seeing an error message. 

I look forward to hearing back from you about this! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1025 79 271

Hi, @Yourshopcodeis

I was hoping to check in with you here to find out if you were able to unsubscribe from the Shop App correctly? 

Please let me know if you're still running into troubles with this, and I can certainly continue helping out. 

Thanks! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes