Recharge App Customer portal

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hi !

I'm using Recharge App for one of my client (https://apps.shopify.com/subscription-payments?locale=fr). 

We need to make a pack of products for one subscription.

The user create his own pack with all products (Product1 + Product2 + ...). 

Rules of the subscription : 

- At least 3 products to make a subscription 

- The user can manage the subscription in the customer portal but he has to keep 3 products at minimum in the pack 

- The user can skip for 1 or 2 months in the customer portal

The problem:

Recharge handle subscription only product by product. 

So i force the customer to get at least 3 products for the subscription in the checkout. I did it with liquid. 

But the problem is when the customer manage his subscription in his account. He can remove/skip product by product and not the entire subscription. So if he want a subscription with only one product he can do it by removing other products. 

An example:

1 - User => Subscribe with 3 products at minimum. (I can force him with the limit of 3 products, so no problem here)

2 - User => Go to the customer portal => Modify his past subscription ( 1 - ) by removing/skipping 2 products => So now there is only one product in the subscription. 

Someone who got the same problem with Recharge ? 

Thank you ! 

Thomas. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 2

We have always had problems with ReCharge app. Customer Service is poor when we are lucky. We have given up. I am wondering whether or not Shopify cares about third app ethics. But this is another story. You can try to contact them. You may be luckier than we have. We have never been able to get a decent service from them. PS: They answer really fast when it comes to invoicing/payment issues though. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Who do you use instead of ReCharge?

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

I gave up with recharge. So now i use Bold subscription for other reasons than the problem of this topic. @StorkPost keep in mind, if you use Bold or Recharge you will need to use your liquid, css and javascript knowledge if you want custom features in the customer portal (like i did in my first message to force the user to have 3 products).

Good luck !  

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

@Davide_Angelett @StorkPost

I'm actually working on a subscription app for Shopify, and was wondering if you'd be interested in chatting about what doesn't work for you with ReCharge. I'd love to get some insight as it gets built. Would you be open to speaking?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
61 4 4

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~016507b2321da8cbf9

I will solve this issue in quickly.

0 Likes