Recipe Reviews?

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

Hello everyone,

I'm working with a company that is featuring recipes on their blog. We would like to add in a review function for their recipes for SEO reasons. Does anyone know if this is possible? We are looking for 5-star ratings, more than just comments. I've looked around to see if we can somehow alter product review plugins to work in the blog, but no luck thus far.

Thanks,

- Tim 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Why is it SO HARD to find this for Shopify? It's almost ridiculous that this isn't possible.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 1

I'm in the same boat wanting to transform my comments section in blog to a star rating review for recipes. Help, please!

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1

I can't believe it's still not possible.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

@Tim_Akers Just wondering if you ever found a solution to this? I'm trying to implement something similar. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 0
Never found a good solution via an app.

I'm sure we could have hired a developer and created a custom blog template
with the review feature built-in.

- Tim
0 Likes
Highlighted

@Tim_AkersI have been looking for good use cases to build out my first Shopify app - can you send over a link to the customers store with the recipe blog? Kinda want to understand more what this looks like visually. Seems like quite a few people are interested in this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

After posting yesterday I found this app https://apps.shopify.com/recipe-kit

It seems to offer everything required for recipe schema, including ratings. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

That app looks like it gets you 99% of the way there. The only other wishlist item I would have in an app is for a way to leave a written review. It looks like the Recipe Kit app only lets you leave a 5-start review, but nothing written.

I also no longer work with the client that originally needed this. But, I am pretty sure there would be a decent market for an app like this. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

@Tim_AkersSweet - thanks for getting back with more info. Im going to look into this a bit more.

0 Likes