Redirect Loop (Too Many Redirects)

1 0 0

Hello,

I just transitioned my site from yahoo to Shopify and all was well until I received a too many redirect error.

My site is machinevisiondirect.com

if someone can help with some guidance it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance!

Samir

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
735 41 114

Hi, @samir13k !

Katy here from Shopify. I hope all is well with you, and welcome to not just the Community but also to Shopify, too!

I have checked your store, and have been able to access it okay from here.

28-43-zc1xp-8ys57

Is this error still showing for you?

It may be a a case that you have exceeded the URL redirect limit - the Shopify limit for URL redirects is 100k. Or the more likely culprit here, is your domain set up. From the sounds of the error, it seems like it may be due to having more than one A Record in your DNS settings. Shopify requires only one A Record which points to our IP address: 23.227.38.32.

I have taken a look, and your subdomain and root domain do appear to be set up okay. Had you made any changes to this recently/ since the move over? It could have been a propagation delay while your domain provider was moving things over to your new site. It might be worth checking in with them on this one, and to also to clear your browser cache

I hope this helps - do feel free to let me know how things go for you, or if you have any questions at all.

Cheers,
Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes