Redirect Loop (Too many redirects) when trying to preview my store

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi,

I recenly purchased a domain from Namecheap and updated the DNS records as per shopify instructions. And it worked perfectly until this past weekend. At least 2-3 times each day over the weekend and today, I've been getting the message "This webpage has a redirect loop" "ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS".

Please advise on what steps I should take to resolve this issue. I would hate to launch the store and have customers be met with that message and cannot access the store.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
10007 116 1818

Hey Dustin -

I took a quick look at your store (albeit a locked on) and didn't see this issue you noted. Perhaps this was a delay on the Namecheaps side as they updated the DNS, or perhaps you made an an error in the settings that is now fixed.

Do you still see the problem?

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Yep, it happens intermittently. Any idea on what I should check on namecheap?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
33 0 4

Hey Dustin,

Richard M here from Shopify!

This sort of error is generally caused by having more than one A Record in your DNS settings. Shopify requires only one A Record and the IP that should be set to is 23.227.38.32, so that would be the main thing to check on Namecheap. If there are more than one of these A records, it would be best to remove the one set to an IP other than that mentioned here! :)

I hope this is helpful, and please don't hesitate to ask any further questions about this or anything else Shopify related!

Thanks!
Richard M
Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm getting the same issues it seems, yet more about not getting to my store at all. I when to Namecheap  and this is what I haev

A Record @ 23.227.38.32  Automatic

CNAME Record www shops.myshopify.com. 30 min 

URL Redirect Record @ http://www.go50store.com/ Unmasked

All that I get is 

"This page isn’t working   go50store.com redirected you too many times.

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS"

Can you assist me in resolving the error,

Cheers,

Craig 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

I'm having this issue as well.

I haven't changed DNS settings in over 6 months, but all of the sudden I am getting this error "ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS"

We use Cloudflare and the only A record points to 23.227.38.32.

Please advise if something changed that would cause this, and how I may fix it.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 2

Hey Casey,

I just encountered this error tonight on a store I manage, whose DNS is also managed through CloudFlare. I have the CNAME and A records set up as Shopify instructs, and in CloudFlare, on the DNS panel, I noticed that the CloudFlare icons (on the CNAME and A records for Shopify) looked like the one attached – the cloud icon is orange and if you hover over them, they say "DNS and HTTP Proxy (CDN)". 

I found the solve was to click the icons for both records and convert them into the icon that says (on hover) "DNS Only" and with a grey cloud. That solved the problem instantly.

Hope it works for you too.

Cheers,

Jonas

Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks Jonas, that just got our site back up!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
12 1 1

I had the same problem but I don't have access to my client DNS page.
My solution was to disable all redirects from secondary domains the the primary one.

This option can be found on the domain's settings page.

0 Likes