Redirect old site to new one

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

If customer hits the url of my old domain they need to be redirected to new shopify url. I have tried to setup redirects, web forwards but not working please help

0 Likes
Highlighted

In Shopify has the re-direct option where you can create re-direct URL as your needed. You can see at the below screenshot.

url-redirect-1-60c5ae17520d5d5ef12a3d688af2bbb590e939030205d212b4e05299ab621dc5.png

We designed & developed many Shopify stores. You can visit on the site to learn more: @Gtechwebindia Shopify Experts

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
952 96 189

Hey there, @abhishekneo 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Thank you for reaching out regarding this. If you transfer this domain to your new store it will automatically redirect to your primary domain. Have you moved your domain to this new store yet? Do you still have access to the original store? 

All be Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

@Shopify-Experts wrote:

In Shopify has the re-direct option where you can create re-direct URL as your needed. You can see at the below screenshot.

url-redirect-1-60c5ae17520d5d5ef12a3d688af2bbb590e939030205d212b4e05299ab621dc5.png

We designed & developed many Shopify stores. You can visit on the site to learn more: @Gtechwebindia Shopify Experts

It will only redirect the pages from current domain. I want to redirect my domain e.g example1.com to example2.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

@Bo wrote:

Hey there, @abhishekneo 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Thank you for reaching out regarding this. If you transfer this domain to your new store it will automatically redirect to your primary domain. Have you moved your domain to this new store yet? Do you still have access to the original store? 

All be Best,

Bo

Can we use the same domain as primary for two stores? As I have two shopify stores and I want to redirect my first store traffic to second one

0 Likes
1 0 0

How do you redirect an old Shopify website to a new one?

0 Likes