Re: Redirects to another website

Jdp2009
Tourist
7 0 2

Hello,

I just started using the buy button feature on my free trial. I'm planning to purchase the Shopify lite plan once my trial ends. I am wondering if theres a way the customers are redirected back to my website after a successful checkout from shopify. And if so, how can I do that? I am planning to put a "thank you" page once they completed the checkout purchase. Thank you so much and hope to hear from you soon.

-Joliz

Replies 3 (3)

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 161

Hey, @Jdp2009!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

I understand you're trying out the Buy Button while on your free trial. The Buy Button feature allows you to integrate products from your Shopify account into an external website or blog. Customers can also checkout directly from the external site, and they're able to do so without leaving the page they're on! Because of this feature, you don't need to worry about adding a thank you page or a redirect back to your site, as customers won't be required to leave in order to place an order. There's some more information on this, and the Buy Button in general here in our Help Center!

With that said, if having a thank you page is important to you, it may be possible to add one in. This would be something I'd suggest discussing with a Shopify Expert, as it would require some custom work to your site. Shopify Experts are trusted, third-party agencies and freelancers, who are available for hire by Shopify Merchants. You can visit their site >here< to contact an Expert, or post a job request and receive quotes from eligible Experts. 

Do you already have your website set up, and if so, have you started playing around with placing Buy Buttons on it? 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Jdp2009
Tourist
7 0 2
Hello!

Yes i have and Im ready to subscribe for the monthly fee for the buy
button. This is just something extra i wanted to include with my shopify
and website. Im also wondering if the “checkout test” works with the buy
button, if so, how do i do it?

Thank you!
Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 161

Right on! That's so exciting to hear! 

Testing the checkout via the Buy Button sales channel is absolutely possible. The method will depend on what payment gateway you use to process payments, though. If you're using Shopify Payments, then you can simply activate Test Mode, and follow the steps to test a Shopify Payments transaction in this document. Be sure to disable Test Mode when you're done testing, as real transactions cannot be processed while Test Mode is active. 

If you're using a third-party gateway, then you'll need to check in with their team directly for guidance on testing their gateway. If the payment gateway you choose doesn't have the capability of testing, then you could always create a custom product that is $1, and try purchasing it yourself as a test.

Let me know how the testing goes for you! I'll be happy to provide any further assistance you need on your road to launching your Shopify store! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.