Redirects to another website

Solved
SandraPlantox
Tourist
9 0 0

Hello,

I have a separate website for my company, and I just created an online store at Shopify. On the company's website I want to place products from the online store, so after clicking on the selected products the page redirects to the online store. Any ideas how can I do it?

Thank you in advance.

Sandra

0 Likes
Ash
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
693 68 90

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @SandraPlantox!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community!

This is absolutely possible to do! In order to redirect customers from the external site to your Shopify product pages, you'll need to have the URLs from your product pages on Shopify handy. You can get these URLs by visiting the respective pages on your live Shopify site, or by viewing the search engine listing preview from the product pages in your admin. Once you have the URLs, you can add them as links on your external site so that when a customer clicks on a product, it takes to the URL, rather than another page on the external site.

Another option to consider if you want to use Shopify as your ecommerce solution, but don't want two websites, is to use the Buy Button sales channel from Shopify. The Buy Button sales channel allows you to create code snippets for your products, which you can then add to your external website. These code snippets will generate a Buy Button on the external site, and when a customer goes to use the Buy Button, they will be able to checkout via your Shopify checkout. This allows you to track and manage your customers, orders, products, etc. on Shopify, but keep just your one existing website. 

With this information in mind, let me know how you'd like to proceed and I'll be happy to offer any further suggestions you may need. I'm also eager to learn more about your business. What sorts of products are you selling?

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

MittulParikh
2 0 0

Hi, 

I already have a E-Commerce enabled brand website. I am creating a new sub brand website and want to create on Shopify. As a starter i want to use the themes of Shopify for brand website's Home page and Catalogue pages and redirect the catalogue products to my original websites products display page, where in the check out, will happen. 

Is this possible to do on shopify? 

0 Likes
Ash
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
693 68 90

Hey, @MittulParikh!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community and to the thread! 

What you describe is absolutely possible on Shopify! It sounds like you want to have your collection pages on Shopify, and then have each product link out to a product page on your external site. This would require some code customization to the collection page, so that each product tile is linked to the corresponding product in the external site. If you're able to complete this sort of code customization on your own, one suggestion I have is to duplicate your theme before you begin to have a backup at the ready.

If you're not comfortable with coding, a Shopify Expert could be hired to help complete this setup. Shopify Experts are trusted, third-party agencies and freelancers, who are available for hire by Shopify Merchants. You can visit their site here to contact an Expert, or post a job request and receive quotes from eligible Experts.

An alternate solution, which would be much less complex to set up, would be to have your collection pages on the external site, and then link directly to those from Shopify, rather than specific product pages. When setting up the navigation on a Shopify store, you're able to create menu items and choose their destination when clicked. You're able to choose from the pages on your Shopify site when linking menu items to a destination, but are also able to link to a URL of your choice, such as a URL for a page on your external site. The simplest way I can think of for moving customers from your Shopify site to your external site to complete a purchase, would be to have your menu items in Shopify take directly to your collections on the external site. Here is some documentation from our Help Center on how to add menu items to your store! Feel free to reply back here if you have any further questions, or any issues with working through this. 

0 Likes
MittulParikh
2 0 0
Hey Ash,
Thank you so much for the help and understanding. The alternative solution
is definitely Simplified and helpful.
0 Likes
Ash
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
693 68 90

Hey, @MittulParikh!

I'm happy I could help out and offer some more insight into reaching your goal. Feel free to reply back here if you have any further questions, or if you need any assistance putting your plans into action. 

0 Likes