Reducing Submenu font on Debut

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi ! 

I am using Debut Theme and I am having troubles reducing the size of the Submenus font (in the navigation bar). 

Do anyone know how to change this in the theme scss liquid ?

thanks a lot !!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
808 67 188

If you post your website url I can take a look and let you know what CSS rule needs to be added.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
My team also builds custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
335 32 125

Hi, Sonia!

This is May from Shopify.

To clarify your question a little more, are you wanting to reduce the font size on your dropdown menu?

If this is what you are after, I did some testings on my test store and managed to reduce the font size by editing the theme code. After I made the change in the theme code, the dropdown menu looks like:

Here’s how I did it:

1. From your admin, you’ll want to go to ‘Online Store > Actions > Edit code’.

2. In your ‘Assets’ folder, select ‘theme.scss.liquid’ file.

3. Search for ‘site-nav__dropdown’  by pressing Command + F on Mac or Control + F on Windows computer.

4. Inside the bracket, add the code below:

font-size: 10px;

You can change the pixel size depending on how big you want your font to be.

5. Click ‘Save’.

It is important to note that once you make changes to ‘theme.scss.liquid’, you cannot revert back to older versions. Therefore, we strongly recommend duplicating your theme before making changes to your code, to ensure that your customers aren’t affected if you see any unintended results! If you are not comfortable with making this change, I highly suggest reaching out to our Shopify Experts. Alternatively, since you are using a theme made by Shopify, our theme support may be able to look into making the change as well if your account is eligible!

If this isn't quite what you were after, let me know and we can continue with our support.

Kind Regards,

May

Shopify Support

May | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 1

Please explain how to reduce the submenus in the Brooklyn theme too. Thank you!

0 Likes