Refund Shopify subscription bill

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello Shopify team!
About 3 months ago I was testing out making a shopify store with my girlfriend that we never opened. I noticed today that I received a 79$ bill on the 25th of July. I had totally forgot about the store. We are both students so this is a lot of money to us that we need to spend on other things like public transport and just living in general. Is there anything I can do to get a refund? I also wonder why the bill was so expensive, 79$. from what I understand it should be 29$? 
Thank you for any help/ Albin

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
309 31 50

Hi, @AlbinW !

Thanks for reaching out to us about this. I'd be happy to sort this out with you.

It sounds as though you were charged for the Shopify plan at $79USD, not the Basic plan at $29USD. In any case, we can certainly look into that invoice for you. First, I would like to ensure that the store is properly closed.

If you can log into your account and click on Settings > Plan and permissions > Store status, then you can select Sell or close store:

31-43-hdv5n-a413x

Once this is completed, please reply here with your store URL so I may look into the invoice in question.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers!

Rose | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello! Thank you so much for the reply, apologies for the delay in my response. The store should be closed as in your instructions. The url of our store was:

fruitberries.myshopify.com

or

fruitberries.co

I was looking at my email for the response, I didn’t realize I forgot to check the email me when someone responds, I’m sorry.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
309 31 50

Thanks for your response, @AlbinW !

I can see that your account is closed and I can move forward with looking into the invoice in question. 

I'll be contacting you by email shortly so I may access the back end of your account.

Cheers!

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello Rose, i have the same problem. I thought i closed the store but maybe there was an error and didn't close, so i was confident and i just received the charge of the $79 Dlls. It is a lot of money for me, specially now during the pandemic, so i could really use your help. 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
309 31 50

Hi, @Jpabloarenas !

Thanks for reaching out to us about this. 

I'd like to look into the status of your account. But first, can you confirm that the store is truly closed? If you're unsure, you can simply log into your account. If you are prompted to pick a plan, that means the store is closed. Do not take further action.

If you see your administrative panel, you can head to Settings > Plan and permissions > Store status, then you can select Sell or close store:

14-23-qv5gq-lruhs

Once that is completed, please reply here with your store URL and I will be happy to take a deeper look.

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers!

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello, i already confirmed it is closed. 

My URL was: coverurhealth.com

I hope i can get a refund because is a really high price for me in this situation. Thanks for your help Rose

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
309 31 50

Thanks for confirming, @Jpabloarenas !

I will be sending you an email shortly so I may take a deeper look at your account and the invoice itself.

Keep an eye on your inbox.

Cheers!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello Rose,

I recently checked my credit card statements and saw two charges for the Shopify $79 subscription. I tried the free trial over the summer but chose not to continue with Shopify. I made sure to delete any apps I was using for my store and to close out any orders, but the store itself was never closed. I haven’t used Shopify in over 3 months and never received a reminder email that the trial period was ending. I had to re-unlock my account just to see that the subscription was still going.

This really panicked me and I would really love to know if there’s anything that can be done about those charges. Can you help me out? 

Best,

M

0 Likes