Refund my customer while my payout in reserve

lasslady
10 0 0

Is there availability to Refund my customer while my payout in reserve and on hold for 120 days ?

I mean my other store is closed and should receive my payout after 120 days and I need to make a refund for my customer before this period passed and close the case .

Replies 14 (14)

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

Hi, @lasslady!

Sophia here from Shopify.

You can absolutely process a refund for your customer, regardless of whether there is a reserve on the account. If the refund was processed through Shopify Payments, it will be submitted immediately. Keep in mind that there may be some processing time involved before the customer's bank posts the refund or reversal on their statement. This typically happens within 5-10 business days.

To clarify, do you need to process a refund on the store that is closed, or is the order on a store you currently have access to?

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

lasslady
10 0 0

The store is closed 

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

I see. In that case, you would need to reactivate the account in order to locate the order in the admin and process a refund for it. Whenever you're ready to refund the order, you can login to your store to reactivate it, then close the store again once the refund is processed.

lasslady
10 0 0

They closed it finally and they insisted to not open the store and not refund the process,  I don't know why and how?

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Can you please elaborate on what happened with this order? You mentioned that you needed to refund a customer. Was this someone who filed a chargeback? Who advised that you not reactivate the store to refund the order?

lasslady
10 0 0

Shopify refused to refund the customer and refused to even activate the store to initiate the refund then close, However the customer didn't file chargebacks,  and why should I wait till chargebacks,  I need to settle everything asap, As I won't use shopify anymore or recommend it.

I AM SEEKING TO FINALIZE EVERYTHING BUT NO AVAIL.

More than 40 E-mail fighting for reactivate the store and issue a refund to the customer as store closed,  so no neccessary to keep the funds with me.

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

Thank you for providing more detail here, @lasslady. I'm sorry to hear that you've not had a good experience with Shopify Support via email.

I need to be clear that Shopify staff do not have the authority to change your plan or refund orders—your store can only be reactivated by the account owner, and refunds can only be processed by the account owner or other staff (if applicable) who have been given permission by the account owner to view and take action on orders.

To refund the order, you need to log in and reactivate the account, then follow the steps outlined here to refund the order. For security reasons, this cannot be performed for you by Shopify staff.

lasslady
10 0 0

The owner has the access and also can give the staff access  but the problem that they deactivated the store 

Yikytrend.com 

No admin dashboard, nothing to manage 

Deactivated the admin of my domain.

I can't access by the owner account 

lasslady
10 0 0

When I enter the domain name Yikytrend.myshopify.com 

It shows the store down from the beginning 

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

I see. My apologies for any previous misunderstanding—I didn't realize you weren't able to access the admin. If you cannot login, it will need to be the account owner who contacts Shopify Support. You mentioned previously that there had been several emails about this. Does the account owner already have a ticket open with our team?

lasslady
10 0 0

Yes

Tkt num19616134

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

Perfect. I can see that there have been responses on that ticket today. Please advise the account owner that they will need to follow up via email exclusively on ticket 19616134 for further information, as we won't be able to discuss the specifics of the account on the forums for security reasons. Thank you.

lasslady
10 0 0

Security reasons like risk factors or what ?

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

Since this is a public space, we cannot discuss account-specific details here. This is a great place for asking and answering general support questions, working through technical troubleshooting, and discussing business strategies and growth.

In order to look into the details of an account, Shopify Support needs to authenticate users to confirm whether we're speaking with an account owner or staff, and therefore determine which permissions they have before proceeding. Account security is taken very seriously, so we will only be able to discuss sensitive information through a private channel like email, live chat, or a phone call with someone authorized on the store.