Refund my subscription of 3 months

Solved
Highlighted
2 1 0

I had opened a shopify account a while ago planning on making a store and never got to it and completely forgot, I've been charged for THREE MONTHS of $30 subscription fee and I want a refund of those three months since I was inactive on my account and did not use shopify at all. I do not know how to end the subscription as well. Is there anyway to get my money back?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
362 46 60

Hey, @catweeeed!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting. I can empathize with your experience, and I appreciate you reaching out to us through our Community Forums for support.

To close your store, you'll need to log into the Account Owner's account. From the Shopify Admin, go to Settings > Plans and permissions > Store status > Sell or close store, and select Close store. Then, enter your password once more to confirm store closure. You can learn more in our pausing or closing your store guide.

As per our Terms of Service, Shopify doesn't offer refunds. That being said, I would love to take a look at your account to see how I might be able to be of assistance. I've gone ahead and sent you an email to the same email address as your Community Forums account. We can authenticate you and continue our conversation through there.

Should you ever decide to try starting your business up again, please know that we offer 24/7 technical support and business coaching through Facebook and Twitter messages. Our Support Advisors are also available through chat and email on our contact page

Hope to hear from you soon!

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

It took weeks to get any response that was overall not helpful at all! I just went ahead and refunded the payments through my bank so I've already got my money back. If anyone has this same problem I'd recommend doing the same since your "no refund" policy really doesn't mean anything!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
362 46 60

Hey, @catweeeed.

I'm glad to hear that you were able to receive your money. While our Terms of Service does state "no refunds", we will often offer some form of reconciliation on a case by case basis. Because of this, we cannot set any expectations until after we've authenticated and taken a look at your account.

I'd also like to take a moment to apologize that your experience with our Support hasn't been pleasant. In taking a look on our end here, it doesn't look like you've reached out to our Support Team at all. The only active ticket I see is the email I've sent out to you. When did you reach out to our Support Team? If you have any other ticket numbers, you can share them in response to the email I sent and I'd be happy to investigate further.

Please note that our Community Forums is a public community where members can support each other. Shopify staff do not monitor or respond to every post. If you'd like to speak with a Shopify Support Advisor, we're available through Chat and Email Support available on our Contact page, as well as Facebook Messenger and Twitter direct messaging. Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you have any other questions!

Kind regards.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 1 1

@catweeeed Posting on forums isn't going to get the immediate attention of the Support staff. You should use this link in the future: https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/contact 

And just like when you get an Amazon Prime account, they let you know you'll be charged when the trial ends, whether you've used it or not. It's your responsibility to be on top of this, not Shopify's. 

0 Likes