Refund of Monthly Plan

Solved
Highlighted
1 0 0
Hey Shopify team,
I around 42 days back created a Shopify account and worked on it but it did not work well for me and I had very few sales. Today I had received a message That I have been charged for my monthly basic plan. I just had forgotten to cancel the account. Please refund my money. I'm a student and I really need this money. I had already mail you and started a live chat too but had no response
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
298 39 51

Hi there @Aryanx17!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I'm sorry to hear you haven't had much success with your business so far, but I'd be happy to assist you with closing your account so you aren't billed in the future.

To close your store, you'll need to log into your Admin and go to your Settings > Account, and select Sell or close store"at the bottom right hand of the page, under Store status. You can then click Close store, and then enter your password to finalize your store cancellation.

While we don't typically offer refunds, someone from our Support Team will be in touch with you in the email you sent us, if they haven't already responded. After reviewing your closed account, they'll be able to determine if there's something we can do to support you. 

If you decide to re-open your store in the future, don't hesitate to make use of our 24/7 Technical and Merchant Support! We also have an abundance of resources to help you start develop your business, such as our Shopify Academy Courses, or our Shopify Guides

Please let me know if you have any questions, and I'd be happy to offer some guidance.

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
Hey, im also a student, and i was just messing around with shopify, and today i got billed, i was going to cancel the subscription but it was too late, please help me out, i would like a refund, and i have already closed the store. 😊 thanks!
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

HI!

I forgot to cancel my trial and got charged today...I just closed my store, is it possible to refund me? many thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello i forgot to cancel trial too what shoud i do?

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

no solutions?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
479 27 582

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Sunnylight 

It would be best to contact Shopify Support over phone, email, or chat since account details will need to be shared. 

Since this topic is a bit older I am going to mark my reply as the solution for others awareness. 

Thanks! 

TyW | Community Manager @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

hello I had to close my store due to unforseen circumstances , I would like to ask for a refund

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Ryder,

I have an issue with my subscription. As I was looking through the plans my system froze and I was selected on the 'Shopify' plan which ended up being billed right away to my account without a confirmation first. Is there a possible way I can get someone from the support team to help me out with this? I will close the store, I just have a concern whether I will get a refund. 

Please help... Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Dear Customer Service,

I was charged by Shopfy for a monthly subscription plan. As I do not use it at all, I would like to request a full refund. Thank you.

0 Likes