Refund subscription

Solved
Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1066 120 169

Thanks for reaching out about this, @cleanlypets.

So just to confirm, you got charged for a subscription, and no longer looking to use your store, is it?

I took a look at the front end of your website, and can still see that it is open. In order to see if any refund is applicable, you would need to close your store first.

While it would not be possible to refund for a store not being used as this would be your responsibility to close the store first, I will gladly take a closer look once the store has been closed. It is important to note that domain charges cannot be refunded as these are considered one-off charges that last one calendar year. Additionally, any third-party app charges would need to be approved by the app developers.

Let me know how you get on, or if you have any additional questions.

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Lbee26
2 0 0

Thank you for replying! As you can imagine this has been very distressing- the shop is now closed 

My details were used to by the web developer to create shop in my name I did not approve of the plan that was selected and I’ve been subsequently charged

as you can probably see I have never utilised the platform 

thank you for making an exception 

kinds regards,

laura 

0 Likes
Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1066 120 169

That is great to hear the store is now closed, Laura.

I completely understand the distress that a situation like this can cause, and while I cannot advise currently of what I can do, I want to take a closer look.

I will just need to verify your store first, to do this, I will send you an email detailing the next steps. Once you reply to this, we can continue the conversation there!

0 Likes
NeonMasked
1 0 0

Hi, I launched a store a couple of months ago and was just messing around with some ideas I had for like a month. But then I completely forgot that my store was still active because of everything that is going on in the world right now and now I have been billed twice without knowing. I am currently a student and really need the money back. I know it is all my fault but can you please help me out?

Thanks in advance and best regards Pontus.

Email: neonmasked.help@gmail.com

Store: neonmasked.com (It is closed now)

0 Likes
Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1066 120 169

Thanks for reaching out here, @NeonMasked.

While Shopify's terms of service advise that we don't offer refunds, some exceptions may be made based on certain situations.

As I mentioned above, this would not include domain or third-party app charges, but I will certainly take a closer look and see what is possible for you.

I will send you an email shortly detailing the next steps!

0 Likes
cleanlypets
2 0 0

Hi @Hank,

Thank you for responding. Yes, that is correct, I was charged for the subscription, but had no plans on using the store any longer. 

I closed the store, so everything is finished on my side of things. I appreciate you looking into this for me.

Thanks again,

Nate @ Cleanly Pets

0 Likes
RoganJoeSloan
4 0 0

I have basically the same problem as this person, I used the site to learn with a free trial, and I have got billed, I tried to shut the store a long time ago and it had remained active and charging me, I was charged 29 USD in NZD, please help

0 Likes
Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1066 120 169

Great to hear from you again, @cleanlypets, and that you have now closed your store.

What I will do is email you shortly detailing the next steps, and I can see what is possible for you.

0 Likes
Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1066 120 169

Thanks for reaching out here, @RoganJoeSloan.

Is your store now closed? I would need this closed first before I can try to see what I can do for you.

When you start a free trial with Shopify, there is no need to enter a credit card, so normally, once the trial has ended, the store would cease, or go offline until a paid plan is selected. Is it possible that you recall entering your details and selecting a plan? Again this would only be charged once the 14-day free trial period has ended.

As I mentioned above, Shopify's terms of service advise that we don't offer refunds, however, some exceptions may be made based on certain situations. But your store would need to be closed before I can take a look.

Let me know and I will happily assist further.

0 Likes
RoganJoeSloan
4 0 0

I think so, it is possible, I tried to shut it down a long time ago, and I think or thought I did.

0 Likes