Refund subscription

Solved
2 0 0

Morning,

I opened an account on Shopify (free trial) as part of a course on LInkedIn Learning.

I believed the account was to automatically end itself without taking any by billing.

This morning, I was surprised to see an invoice of $29.99 USD on my PayPal; especially cause I haven’t even been able to navigate through the site  

Just after I saw the bill, I closed the store account.

The address of the store was :  https://tbrcosmetics.myshopify.com

How can you help me with a refund since I closed the store?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
949 110 156

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Ebs123,

Hank here from Shopify.

You are correct in saying that the trial should end after the 14-day trial, the only issue being if a paid plan is selected within the trial, this automatically starts once the trial ends. Was it possible that a paid plan was selected at one point?

Either way, once you have closed your store you may be entitled to a refund from Shopify. Note this is dependant on a number of criteria being met, and domain charges are deemed non-refundable as these would be one-off charges that activate your domain for one calendar year. Also, any third-party apps would need to be approved by the app developers before any refund can be processed.

As you mentioned you have closed your store, I would just need to take a closer look at your store. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forum's account and confirm some security questions about your store.

Once you reply to that email, I will look into this further for you.

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi Hank,

Thank you for your reply. I haven’t received an email from you regarding the question you would like for me to answer. Will I receive them today?

Thank you. 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
949 110 156

Thank you for reaching back out!

I can see you have since replied to the email I sent, so I will continue the conversation there with you.

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hello @Hank 

Kevin here, I have clicked on a subscription by mistake and my account got billed. 

I am trying to close my account then request/follow up on a refund of the $29 but my password is failing to be accepted. 

Kindly assist. 

0 Likes
2 0 0

i have successfully managed to close down my account. 

My account address was https://chessacreationsllp.myshopify.com/

email chessacreations@gmail.com 

Kindly assist. 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
949 110 156

Sure thing, @KevinChessaLLP!

As your store is closed, I can now see what is possible for you. I will send you the email shortly, detailing the next steps.

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi my name is Laura,

I asked a 3rd party to create a online store platform on my behalf 

i was not aware that my details were used to use a Shopify subscription 

I have paid over 6 months of fees for a platform I have never used and do not require.

can you please advise me on how to close the store and refund the subscription.
shop :  https://laura-bee-art.myshopify.com/admin

email : lauralouisebruce@gmail.com

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
949 110 156

Thanks for reaching out about this, @Lbee26.

Can I ask a few things relating to this to ensure I have understood your issue?

Firstly, you mentioned you asked a third party to create an online store for you, was this a developer, and did they transfer ownership to you? Did they, or yourself select the paid plan then for your store?

While I cannot advise of what refund may or may not be available, it depends on a number of factors. The first and most important would be that the store is closed. That guide walks you through how this can be done within the admin.

As per our Terms of Service, we do not offer refunds, but if your store was recently closed then we may be able to offer an exception. This would not cover any domain charges as these are considered once-off charges that last a full calendar year, as well as any third-party app charges, they would need to be approved by the individual app developers themselves. For refunds totaling more than a certain amount, these would need to be escalated to the billing team for approval also.

Let me know, and I will continue to assist you.

0 Likes