Refunds and returns

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

I have set up a shopify store with products dropshipped from Aliexpress. I would like to know what happens in the case of customer wants a refund and to return the item. Who do they return it to as I don't want to use my home address for obvious reasons and do not have a PO Box address. Can I use Aliexpress? Do the customers see from any shipping labels where the item has been shipped from? If the item has to come back to me do I then send it to Aliexpress before a refund is processed? Any advise would be much appreciated. I can't seem to get in touch with Aliexpress and their customer services seems to be a robot!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
22 2 5
Best options is returning to you, customer doesn’t deal with aliexpress. You should get P.O. Box for customers to return to you. You can then either reuse product if there is no default and take own product pictures or use for a giveaway or something. Depending the reason for refund needed you can open dispute with aliexpress and they will give refund to you. You can either choose refund no return if there’s valid reason or if your in contact with supplier you can get customer to send back to you and request refund with supplier and send them pictures. But you give customer refund through Shopify and they do not deal with aliexpress. Depending where you are shipping I would hold of on opening store. Although shipping times are getting a bit better they are upwards of 2 months and I have been having to issue refunds to a number of customers due to product not received even though it is en route. And only some aliexpress suppliers are issuing refunds most asking to wait due to virus, leaving me at a loss for sure!! Lots of items getting stuck at Canadian & US customs. Shipping to UK has been good though. Just a heads up. I’ve stopped taking orders for now. To risky.
0 Likes