Regarding Payment Gateways in the Middle East and UAE

Tourist
14 0 2

There is no viable payment gateway here.

The one payment gateway which is really good, backed by a huge bank in UAE, and is not subscription based, has plug-ins for all major competitors of Shopify except shopify itself,

Its called Network International. https://www.network.ae/en

When I asked why, they said because they have not got a response from Shopify.

There are a few verified third party payment gateways. I have checked out all of them. Unfortunately, none of the verified third party payment gateway options in the list are backed by an actual bank within UAE. On the contrary, Network International is a subsidiary of one the largest banks in the Middle East. This is a big advantage when considering charges and processing speed. 

UAE's Ecommerce sector is booming, reports indicate ecommerce activity has increased by 200% in 2019, Especially with the emergence of amazon.ae.

UAE is like the key to the entire Middle East. So pretty soon, most countries are going to follow them.

So please, my fantastic Shopify Team, consider letting Network International a chance, or, even better, Shopify Payments.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
55 4 10

Hi, @Abid_SL,

Hank here from Shopify.

Currently, this is the list of the supported Payment Gateways in the U.A.E.

With regards to Network International themselves, that website you supplied does not open for me but currently, they are not a part of the Shopify Payment Gateways. I would not be able to advise when this would become a supported gateway.

However, I will share this guide that you could pass on if they are interested in becoming a Shopify Payment gateway for the team to look into further.

All the best, Hank.

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 2
Thanks, I have already given the SDK form to Network International and am
waiting for approval.
Here is their website: https://www.network.ae/en
Regards, Abid
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 2
NI submitted the SDK form a few days back, Is there way to check the approval status?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
55 4 10

Hi, @Abid_SL,

Once the SDK form has been submitted, there is no way to track the approval status. The team will look at each individual response, and contact you if you are successful. However, if you do not receive a response back within 30 days, the application would not have been successful.29-42-0e8j7-gi3et

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 2
Allright, will do :)
0 Likes