Regarding card payments and Stripe payments

Solved
Excursionist
19 0 2

I would like to know what method is to be followed so as to accept payments through Credit Cards on my store. If some body has a Paypal account, they can pay via Paypal. But many of the users might not be having Paypal, and would like to pay directly through their card. How do I allow this ? Stripe payments are possible only if we have a business registered through Stripe Atlas in the US. So, in that case wont I be able to accept payments through Stripe. I have my business setup in India, and Stripe is not functional in India

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Expert
363 6 59

If you're using the PayPal Express Checkout on your store, your customers can still checkout via PayPal even if they don't have a PayPal account.

They just need to click here:

h9M9cYbtCXXFrMbfyp0tnJ9vcM6xp4

★ Did my post help? If yes, then please like and accept solution. ★

→ Have me build your Shopify store @ stephens.world
→ Get your FREE 30-Step Setup Guide @ stephens.world/guide
→ View My Official Expert Profile @ stephens.world/expert
→ Want to buy me lunch? stephens.world/lunch

1 Like
Excursionist
19 0 2

Thanks for answering my query about credit card payments via Paypal Express. Would you be able to suggest something about Stripe payments ?

0 Likes

Success.

Community Manager
Community Manager
2367 163 339

Hi @not_rachit,

Nick here from Shopify. 

As @StephensWorld mentions, you can accept Debit or Credit card via your PayPal Express Checkout. But should you be looking to add another gateway in addition to PayPal Express you can also do that. Stripe is not a partnered payment gateway with Shopify for India, and you can see the gateways which are below: 

You can also see the information Shopify has on this from here. Your best bet would be to look into these gateways and find one you resonate with to be able to use as well as PayPal Express since Stripe is not a partnered gateway with Shopify in India. 

Hope this helps! 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Excursionist
19 0 2

Hi Nick! Thanks for your prompt reply on this. But the thing is, I would be registering in India, but would  be selling to US audience via Aliexpress. So in that case- would I have to consider a Gateway that is compatible for Indian Market , even though I won't be selling here ?

0 Likes

Success.

Community Manager
Community Manager
2367 163 339

That's correct @not_rachit . Because your store is registered and based in India, you would need to use a gateway that is compatible with the Indian market no matter where you are selling to. 

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

I applied for stripe atlas account and I am from India but got this email, can any one please help me to understand

"Thanks for submitting your Stripe Atlas application!

Unfortunately, we’re not currently able to support businesses with operations in certain countries (Cuba) [1]. The definition of ""operations"" is quite broad, and includes the location of any owners, partners or employees.

I’m sorry we didn’t catch this before asking you to submit the full application form. We’re actively working to make Stripe Atlas available to entrepreneurs in more locations and will let you know as soon as we can include your company. However, I’m afraid that at this time we have no flexibility.

I’m sincerely sorry we aren’t able to support you with Atlas, and wish you the best of luck with your company. You won’t be charged the $500 Stripe Atlas fee."

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2367 163 339

Hi @oversea,

It seems as if the Stripe Atlas payment gateway isn't compatible with where you are located and your store address. 

You mentioned you are based in India. You can see the payment gateways which Shopify is partnered within India below: 

You can read more about the payment gateways Shopify is partnered with in India here

Hope this helps and answeres your question. 

0 Likes
1 0 0
Stripe is now available in India. We can set it up as third party payment provider for Shopify.
However, how can we set it up as Shopify Payments (powered by Stripe) as available in US market, rather than as a third party provider?
0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2367 163 339

Hi @NinjaJunction,

I checked this with our financial services team for you. The Stripe option is available for some countries where Shopify Payments isn't available. There wouldn't be any way to have it as Shopify Payments, it would only be available as a third party provider. Something to check is that if you can also set up an account with Stripe by themselves also. 

0 Likes