Regarding facebook pixel

Excursionist
21 0 2

There is an option to specify pixel in shopify adminstrative panel. I am confused about how we work for event specific instances. I have worked in Wordpress, and there we can track the events like add to cart, page view , purchase, etc. But I dont know if it same with shopify. Can somebody tell how these events are tracked in Shopify  ?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
28 6 6

Hi @not_rachit,

Dani here from Shopify!

When you add the Facebook Pixel to your online store preferences, this automatically triggers the code to be added to your pages to track certain events. These events include:

• Page views
  • Add-to-Cart
  • Content Info
  • Checkout

By default, the Pixel code will be added to all pages with the exception of the payment information on the checkout screen - this is due to security issues and ensure that our checkout system remains PCI compliant. Our Kit team has actually created a great article here that I would suggest taking a look at.

You can also create custom conversions in your Events Manager on Facebook to track specific events. Take a look at Facebook's guide on this here

Have you taken a look at our Kit app already? It's an app that automates your social media marketing. I personally use it on my store, and love seeing the suggestions it comes up with!

Let me know if this helps answer your question!

All the best,

Dani

Dani | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Add your Facebook pixel ID and all those events plus ViewContent and InitiateCheckout will be done for you.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
1 Like