Regarding payments at the end of free trial

Highlighted
1 0 0
I have started free trial and also chose a plan. After the end of free trial, will shopify automatically deduct the amount of the plan or will it ask me to pay it before continuation?
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
392 73 143

Hey, @SelfieBoutique!

Jason here from Shopify Support.

Great question. Since you've already selected a plan, at the end of your trial, the system will automatically deduct the amount from the bank account that you've enlisted with us. Before the deduction, we will send an email notification letting you know the invoice amount that will be deducted. When the time comes, here's a useful guide on understanding your Shopify bill.

Bear in mind that if you close your store properly before the trial period ends, there won't be any charges incurred on you. If you do decide to close your account before your trial period ends, due to the security and privacy policy, Shopify only allows the account owner to close the account. For your reference, here's a step by step guide on how to close your account.

A reminder that before you fully close your account, don't forget to remove any recurring billing apps to avoid app charges. Also, if you have connected a third-party domain, remember to remove it from your admin; if you have a domain bought from Shopify, remember to transfer your domain out of Shopify. The domain can only be transferred out after 60 days of purchasing it according to Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN). Since the trial period is only 14 days, you have to contact our 24/7 support after 60 days of the purchase date to transfer it out. Note that this restriction only applies to the new purchases only, not the domain renewals.

If there’s anything else I can help you out with, don’t hesitate to reply back and I’d be happy to help!

All the best,
Jason

Jason | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
Your Like and Accept as Solution are much appreciated!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes