Regarding the payments for shopify plan

Solved
Excursionist
21 0 2

So, turns out that after undergoing rigorous preparation for starting my Shopify store- I came to know that Shopify won't accept a debit card for the payment of shopify plans. I somehow have to get a credit card for a business which I have just set up- and because it being a new account, a  credit card wont be issued. My question however is that the credit card with which I pay for shopify plans- Does it have to be of the same account in which I am going to accept payments from my customers ?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
588 55 117

Hey there, @not_rachit 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Welcome to Shopify! I am sorry to hear that you have come across this difficulty. That is a really great question. The name on the credit card that you are using to pay your Shopify Invoices does not need to match the name of the account owner on the Shopify account. So long as you have explicit permission from the cardholder it is totally fine to use it to pay for your Shopify Invoices. 

How have you been finding the platform so far? What is it that you are planning on selling? While getting started I'd recommend taking a look at our Shopify webinars for sure. These short tutorials take you through all the basics of creating a store such as adding products, variants, collections, theme changes and pointing a domain to your store. You should be able to sign up here if you would like. We also have a free business course with our Shopify Academy that I would really encourage you to look at if you get a chance.

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like