Releasing a 3rd party domain from Shopify

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi everyone

The Domain I am using for a test build at Shopify is from Godaddy. How do I release the domain either back to Godaddy or another provider?

Thank you 

Regards

Chris 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 85 159

Hey, @chrismisplon!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thank you for getting in touch and I'll be more than happy to help you out with your question.

If you no longer want a third-party domain associated with your Shopify store, then you can remove it from your Domains page by navigating to "Online store" > "Domains" on the Shopify admin. To remove your third-party domain, you can follow these steps: 

If you decide to use that domain name for your Shopify store again, then you can add it in your Shopify admin again.

If you plan to close your store and move your domain to a new platform, then be aware that Shopify's HTTP Strict Transfer Security (HSTS) will remain in effect on your domain for 90 days after you close your store to help ensure the safety of your and your customers' information. It is then up to you to find a new domain host or to speak to GoDaddy if you would like to host the domain back there again.

I hope this helps but if there is anything else I can do for you, please let me know. 

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Thank you Lulu, that helped
0 Likes