Remove Domain Name From Closed Shopify Store

bandassociates
2 0 0

Recently moved too another platform. I've changed my DNS records but the domains still points to the closed shopify store? 
How do i fix this?

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1048 100 152

Hey, @bandassociates.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out. 

Changing the DNS records for your custom domain does change where the domain points to; however, depending on your domain provider, changes to the DNS records can take up to 48 hours to take effect. Has the status of your domain changed since you've updated the records?

If not, you can also use a free public tool, like WHO.IS, to check if your new DNS records are in effect or whether there are any conflicting records on file. That being said, your domain provider can help check the DNS records as well - you can always contact your domain provider for further assistance with DNS issues. 

If your domain provider isn't able to help, you can also contact our Support team. Though we're unable to provide account-specific via the Community Forums, as we aren't able to authenticate merchant accounts this way. However, our Support team would be happy to assist you through live chat, email, or callback. To create a support request, please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account. 

I'd love to know if this helps point you in the right direction for resolving this domain issue. Keep me posted!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
bandassociates
2 0 0

Hey @Elias I'changed the DNS over 3 days ago now. 

However it still points to Shopify. I'm not sure what the issue is. I've spoken to the DNS hosts and they say all the records are above board. I've since closed my shop so I cant even access it to change or delete anything that maybe causing this issue. 

Thank you for your help I can't seem to load up live chat though because my website is closed. 

Anyway around this?

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1048 100 152

Hey, @bandassociates.

Thank you for following up!

Changing the DNS record is the only thing that you need to do to change where the domain points to, but 3 days seems longer than usual. Though I'm unable to help check your domain, as you didn't share the URL with me. However, since you've already confirmed the DNS settings thee domain provider, then it's best for our Support team take a look for you. Simply click Continue without logging in on the Shopify Help Center, and you can access our live chat without logging in to your account.

11-15-ltn2l-685vi

Let me know if this helps you get in touch with our Support team?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes