Can I limit currency flags to specific countries in Shopify?

Zachia
Excursionist
28 0 8

Hello, I am trying to remove some flags from my store.

Right now I am only selling in the U.S. and Canada, but as I select the currency flags, it shows all of the other international flags. At the moment I only need two. Is there a way I can get rid of the other flags?

Thanks!

Reply 1 (1)

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 367

Hey, @Zachia!

Julie here from Shopify Support. Great question!

How you remove those currency flags really depend on how they were added in the first place. For example, some merchants use third-party currency apps to add currency selectors to their existing themes. These apps allow customers to browse your website in the currency of their choice, but their transactions will be processed in your store's currency that you've set in Settings > General. If you've used an app, then you'll just need to review the app's settings or get in touch with the app developers for assistance.

On the other hand, some themes come with built-in currency selectors. If your theme has this feature, then it sounds like you have multi-currency enabled with Shopify Payments. If that's the case, then you'll just need to review your active currencies by heading to Settings > Payments and selecting Manage in the Shopify Payments section. Next, you'll want to scroll down to the Currencies section, where you'll see a list of your Accepted currencies. From there, you'll have the ability to remove any currencies you don't want to appear on your website. Once that's saved, you should only see flags for the remaining accepted currencies on your website. 

I hope this helps, but I'm curious to know whether you're indeed using Shopify Payments' multi-currency feature, or if this is a theme or app function. Feel free to respond here and let me know! I'd be happy to offer further guidance. 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog