Remove old tags from store's "filter by" drop down menu

Brie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
567 47 95

Hi, @PaulDonoughue

The tags should be gone from the 'filter by' options if they've been removed from all products and collections. Are you still seeing the old tags listed there?

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
PaulDonoughue
4 0 0
Thank you – so far so good. Seems to have worked. Took a bit of figuring out how to remove the tags…

0 Likes
Brie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
567 47 95

Ah, I see! Glad that's figured out for you now. Let me know if you have any more trouble with it. 

0 Likes
aydenreda
1 0 0

Im having the same problem to, can someone from shopify support help me out with this? I removed tags from all my products yet on the "filter" on my all products page it still shows up...

0 Likes
Brie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
567 47 95

Hey, @aydenreda!

I'd be happy to give you a hand. You'll first want to double check that all tags have definitely been removed - the easiest way to do this is by navigating to Products > All products > Select all products > Edit products > Add fields > Tags. You can then scroll through to be sure that none were missed. If everything is looking good there, let me know what theme you're using and we can see what your next steps will be. Cheers! 

0 Likes
DeanGi
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi, I have this problem. Using the "debut" theme. I have checked all products as above and the old tags are no longer used. Yet in the store, the filter list still shows old ones.

How do I clear them down?

Thanks

Dean

0 Likes
DeanGi
Tourist
3 0 1

And amazingly it now appears to have corrected itself. Presume there is a time lag.

0 Likes
Brie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
567 47 95

Hey, @DeanGi!

Glad to hear it's all sorted now. Feel free to let me know if you need any more help with it. 

0 Likes
DeanGi
Tourist
3 0 1
Thanks for that
lfutterman
2 0 0

I'm having the same issue with the Debut theme. A product I listed and that's active does not show up because the site keeps showing tags in the 'filter by' dropdown that I deleted and will only show the product if I choose 'all products'. It keeps reverting top this even thought I've made sure the other tags are deleted from the listing.

This isn't happening with the other products I listed.

Please advise. I'd rather not have 'filter by' at all.

Thanks

0 Likes