Remove password

Highlighted
6 0 0

Hi, I am having the same issue with password protected. I went to my password page, they is no box to uncheck the password. But they is a banner as me to choose a plan. Which I have already buy a basic plan and my domain is setup. Any help?

Thank

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
114 0 17

Hello! 

Dave here from  the Guru Team :) 

If looking to remove the storefront password it may be that you just need to select a plan again to ensure it has all gone through OK. To do this you can go from your Admin to Settings and Account and from there select 'change plan type'. Choosing the Basic Plan will not result in multiple billing and it also won't be charged until your free trial is over so give that a go and all should be OK. 

If after this you are still unable to disable the storefront password feel free to contact us directly in Support so we can take a closer look into your account :) 

I hope this helps! 

All the Best, 
Dave | Shopify

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Thank you Dave. Using your methord and everything is working now.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello!

Please Im having the same problem BUT, Im actully having a 14-day free tial plan. Im starting with shopify and I only learned some things about it thru youtube or so but none ever mentioned that you cannot start selling during your free trial because of being "blocked" by front page password...? is this a new thing in 2018 ? because then the free trial doesnt make any sense for new users , if we cannot start and try to sell our very first product! Please help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
Hello, I am currently in trial period of 14 days, this is my first day, I have added the products to my store but I can't market them because the domain I bought demands password, I know password can be disabled by buying plan but my trial period is still on, also I have tried to buy the basic plan but debit cards are not accepted, I have applied recently for PayPal prepaid card and was wondering if that is compatible for buying plan on Shopify, also what is the minimum amount of time of before which I need to cancel my plan if needed? Hope you reply soon, thank you.
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Same! I wanted to set up my online business within the 14 day trial period to test it out, but this password is stopping me from actually selling! I strongly advise Shopify to change.

0 Likes