Remove /products from URL.

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

I want to change the URL for my product so it only says the website and name of the product. For example, now my product page is www.goldglance.com/products/goldmask and I want it to be www.goldglance.com/goldmask. 

How do I do this? 

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
614 54 150

Hi @Iuns123,

Thank you for reaching out with your question. Unfortunately, this cannot be done as Shopify's URL structures are not changeable. You can edit the title of the product, collection, page or blog in the URL structure, which is helpful for SEO purposes, but not the parts that come before it (e.g. /products/ or /pages/). 

Please let me know if you have any further questions on this.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted

Hello Victor,

I've seen this video with show how remove "collections" from URL on product pages: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb6LzZbey48

I've been checking if everything is ok and I only noticed that If I create a new collection and go to product page It would add "collections" to the url and collection's name as well.

edwincaceres_0-1603984510902.png

My question would if is possible or you wouldn't recommend it? I'm asking you because we are trying to improve SEO of one of our clientes and as you know is better for Google if we the business domain and the url of product.

Thank you for your time.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
614 54 150

Hi @edwincaceres,

Thank you for getting in touch. I watched the video and judging by the user's example, the changes they made to the theme's code did seem to achieve the desired effect. However, this is not a code change that is officially supported or recommended by Shopify, so we cannot comment on whether this change will aid SEO and/ or result in any negative effects. You are free to make the change if you wish, although I would recommend creating a duplicate version of your theme as a back-up before you make any edits to the theme's code.

Kind regards,

1 Like
Highlighted

Hi Victor, I understand what your are saying. It's a pitty that Shopify doesn´t fix that considering the importance of CEO.

Thank you anyway for your time.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
614 54 150

Hi @edwincaceres,

No problem, and I appreciate the candid feedback. I'll be sure to pass your comments onto our development team. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,

0 Likes