Remove "Create Account"

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello all, I am seeking help with removing the "Create Account" button and link from my site. I need to send account invites and have that as the only way someone could gain access to an account on my site. I have read that people have "commented out the link and button" but I'm not sure where or how this would be done. If anyone could give me some insight that would be very helpful. I am comfortable editing code Just need to know what to edit.

Thank you in advanced!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
392 1 38

Hey, Kiana!

Koreen here from Shopify. Thanks for posting. :)

Sure thing. Commenting out the 'create account' button and link would be an option here.
Generally you can find this in the customers/login.liquid template (within online store> themes> '''> edit HTML/CSS)

I've taken a look in your own theme, and it seems like this is located on line 33. So you could comment this line out like so and it should then appear like this for you.

I hope this helps!

Koreen W | Shopify 
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Koreen,

I'm attempting to do the same thing as Kiana. I've tried doing as you described with no luck. My login.liquid looks a little different from what you posted, so it's possible that it's a theme related issue. Any input on how to achieve this?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
392 1 38

Hey, Brandon!

Apologies for my delayed reply on this! I've had a look and see that your theme's code is quite different as it's a third party theme.

It seems like this does no longer link up to the account sign up page, however what you could do to remove the text, would be to remove this from your theme's language. 

You can access this via: Admin > online store > Theme > '''  > edit theme language.

In here, under the 'customer' tab, if you do a quick search for 'sign up html' and "create account" and leave these as blank, this should do the trick for you.

Hope this helps!

Koreen W | Shopify 
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi there, I've got a similar issue. I want to keep the "Sign In" link at the top of our store, but want to remove the "or Create an Account" part - any advice would be great! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
392 1 38

Hey, Jenny!

Thanks for posting too. :)

In this case the code for the 'sign in or create account' is located in your header.liquid. 
You should be able to locate this by logging into your admin and going to Online store > Themes > edit HTML/CSS, and searching for header.liquid under 'sections'.

From here you can edit the code like so, which should do the trick!

Hope this helps!

Koreen W | Shopify 
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey, Koreen!

I want to do about the same thing as Jenny's but I want the "Login In" section on my header removed. I tried to change the code but it doesn't seem to be working. I'm using the Debut theme. Any advice would be great!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
392 1 38

Hey, Jaden!

Thanks for chiming in here! ?

Sure!  In this case, similarly with Debut, if you can log into your:

Admin> Online store > Themes > Actions > Edit code and navigate to your header.liquid under 'Sections'. Here if you do a quick search using cmd +f (ctrl +f on PC) for 'login' this should lead you to the correct lines of code. You cam then adjust this with comment tags like so:

This should then remove the login icon from your header, leaving the option to log in/ create an account at the checkout stage only.

You may need to do this twice within your theme, to ensure that this option is removed for mobile also.

I hope this helps- feel free to let me know.

Koreen

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hi Koreen,

I hope that you can help me with a similar request. I am using the Pop theme and I managed to 'hide' the login and sign up links from the menu in desktop following your guide.

Unfortunately, I am unable to hide them on mobile as the code in your previous comment doesn't match the code of my theme. Can you help me with this? Thanks a lot!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
392 1 38

Hi, Zak!

Thanks for chiming in here.  Sure, let's take a look!

Within the 'Pop' theme this is located in the site-nav.liquid instead.

If you go to your Admin> Online store > Themes > Edit code > Snippets > site-nav.liquid

From here if you could scroll to the bottom and apply comment tags the following section like so:

This should then do the trick for you

As always feel free to let us know if you have any questions!

Koreen
support@shopify.com

0 Likes