Remove render-blocking JavaScript:

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Hello,

Lets finish this problem once and forever.

My Google Page Speed reports have a "! Should Fix" warning, which I can't solve.

Should Fix:

Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content

Your page has 1 blocking script resources. This causes a delay in rendering your page.

Approximately 64% of the above-the-fold content on your page could be rendered without waiting for the following resources to load. Try to defer or asynchronously load blocking resources, or inline the critical portions of those resources directly in the HTML.

Remove render-blocking JavaScript:

I've found the {{ '//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/2.2.3/jquery.min.js' | script_tag }} line. When I delete it, my header menu items disappear, when I move it down, page loads forever, when I move it up, nothing changes.

I am using "brooklyn" theme.

Waiting replies from our wise gurus.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
10006 116 1818

The script may be causing a delay in the page loading, but it's also likely a file that needs to be present early for certain site features to work. There's a trade off here in terms of functionality and speed.

You could move the script to be bottom, or defer / delay load but to do so would need a re-authoring of the JavaScript files in the theme. The scripts need to be changed in a way that they can handle jQuery only being present after the page has loaded.

You 100% do not want to delete the file as other scripts in your theme will need it.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Actually after uninstalling an app (I don't want to write name for not to effect their users/sales, but I can say it was a free shipping bar) my Google page speed rank for desktop is jumped to 86 from 79 and for mobile is jumped from 66 to 87 (wow).

I can only suggest new users to install apps one by one, seeing effects on their page speed. If you install 30 apps in a row, it is very difficult to clear their effects.

And there is no "Remove render-blocking JavaScript" warning in google page speed reports anymore...

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

How can I Remove leverage browser caching? Could you assist me. my website is very much slow. I need help.

0 Likes