Remove the Buy It Now Button from a Pre-Order Template?

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi,

I have successfully removed the BIN button from my product pages using the Dynamic checkout tab. 

However, the BIN button has not been removed from my Pre-Order pages.

I have set up the pre-order template and it works fine, apart from having a Pre-Order Button and a BIN Button.

It looks like when using the Dynamic checkout tab, it does not make any changes to the the section Pre-Order.

Please can anyone help?

Chris 

0 Likes
5 0 0

Bump!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
192 31 24

Hello, @CJTCoops.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for this inquiry.

Great job on customizing your theme for pre-orders! Just for clarity, the guide to ‘Allow pre-orders for products’ does show that it’s not supported for dynamic checkout buttons. However, I was able to test a couple of solutions using the Debut theme in my test store and I was able to disable the accelerated checkout button for my pre-order products.

If the customization is done properly, you can simply go into the Storefront editor and disable the dynamic checkout button. After entering the Storefront editor, you need to navigate to one of your pre-order products using the preview. Then you can click the section for product pages and uncheck ‘Show dynamic checkout button.’

10-34-bd4y8-ujey3

Alternatively, if disabling the dynamic checkout button in the Storefront editor also happens to affect your other products, you can modify the coding for the pre-order template. You can do this by adding a comment tag and enclose the coding for the accelerated checkout. We recommend using comments to disable any coding from the default template, so it can more easily identified and reverted when needed. It will look like this:

10-21-pxr8k-gwhll

If you’re using a Shopify theme, our Theme Support team can also help remove the accelerated checkout buttons on your pre-order template. Let me know if this helps, or your preference and I can update you with a support ticket.

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes