Removing Ads.

SpoiledBrat
1 0 0

Hi, how do I remove ads from my Website? My customers hate it. HELP!

Thanks in advance :)

0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
964 58 152

Hi, @SpoiledBrat.

Tira here, from Shopify Support.

I am happy to take a look here at what might be going on with ads displaying on your store. I have a few questions to ask so we can dig into this further together:

Is there a specific page that they are showing on?

What browsers are your customers using?

What kind of ad is it?

In the last few days, were any apps installed on your store recently, or were there any code changes made on your store? If so, could you tell me what the date or date range is?

Please share a screenshot using the "Photos" button when replying, as this will help me take a look at the issue and we can walk through this together!  

I look forward to hearing from you.

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
theebeauty
2 0 0

I want the ads (Partner Products) on the bottom of my page removed, how do I do that? 

theebeauty_0-1612148953563.png

0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
964 58 152

Hi, @theebeauty.

Thanks for the screenshot of what you’re seeing on your store. This doesn’t look like it was added in by default from a theme, but looks like this could have been added from a third-party app. 

I have some questions I would like to ask to help troubleshoot:

Did you recently install any apps on your store? 

When did you notice these partner products showing up? 

Where are these partner products showing on your store?

If there is an app that has added this on your store, I recommend opening the app by logging into your Shopify Admin, and then clicking on “Apps”. You’ll see a list of apps listed, click on the app that has placed these ads in your store. There may be settings in the app to turn off this function, or you can uninstall the app from your store to see if this will remove the feature from your store. To uninstall an app, you can check out our help doc with the instructions listed here: Uninstall an app. I also recommend reaching out to the third-party app developer for support, as third-party apps are made by app developers and they would have more information to help.

I’m happy to look into the app developer for you and how you can reach out to them. Please let me know the name of the app and I can investigate. 

Talk soon,

0 Likes
theebeauty
2 0 0
I’m not sure which app is placing this on my site!
0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
964 58 152

Thanks for letting me know, @theebeauty. That's alright, I can take a look at your store for you and work with you to see what app(s) could be adding these partner products to your store. 

To make it easier for you, I have sent an email to the email address listed in your Shopify Community profile. Can you please check your inbox and reply there with your store URL, so that I may authenticate you on your account? We can then explore this together on your store.

Talk soon,

0 Likes